Screen resolution and refresh rate

Post by Rolf Mülle » Fri, 18 Sep 1998 04:00:00

We have a new Ultra 5 workstation with Solaris 2.6 equipped with a
high-bandwidth 17 inch monitor (NOT from Sun!).

The graphics card runs with a resolution of 1152x900 pixels and with an
annoying and flickering refresh rate of only 66 Hz.

How can we change the resolution and - which is much more important -
the refresh rate?

Please help

+-------------------------------------+

|  Phone (office): +49 (30) 38643213  |
+-------------------------------------+

Screen resolution and refresh rate

Post by Peter C. Tribb » Fri, 18 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> We have a new Ultra 5 workstation with Solaris 2.6 equipped with a
> high-bandwidth 17 inch monitor (NOT from Sun!).
> The graphics card runs with a resolution of 1152x900 pixels and with an
> annoying and flickering refresh rate of only 66 Hz.
> How can we change the resolution and - which is much more important -
> the refresh rate?

Basically, m64config

m64config -res '?'

will show the list of valid modes, and then you can go

to set it.

However, the fact that the Sun hasn't auto-detected the mode could
indicate something's wrong. In our case, a dodgy cable - once we put
the correct Sun cable on the thing it worked much better (once we got
the little converter that would actually fit the smaller video
connector that the Ultra-5 has).

--
-Peter Tribble
HGMP Computing Services