DHCP on Solaris x86 2.5 ?

Post by Eric Lubj » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Has anyone gotten DHCP to run on Solaris x86 2.5?

I downloaded the source from www.isc.org, and it
does not work.  The dhclient is broadcasting to 255.255.255.255,
but none of the DHCP servers are responding.  The README
file from isc says they know about this problem, but don't
plan to fix it.

Any other tricks or versions of DHCP I can try?

I can't run Solaris8 (which comes bundled with DHCP)
because my system is not on the HCL.

Before I spend money on a new Intel platform, I was
hoping that one of you could help me.

Thanks!
--
          PlaceBase           |     Looking for a place to work, stay, or LIVE?
the Visual Database of Places |    Find it at PlaceBase!  No plug-ins required.

DHCP on Solaris x86 2.5 ?

Post by ErMac » Thu, 22 Jun 2000 04:00:00

How about the built in DHCP on 2.7 it works well and pretty much configures
itself.

Er-Mac

Quote:> Has anyone gotten DHCP to run on Solaris x86 2.5?

> I downloaded the source from www.isc.org, and it
> does not work.  The dhclient is broadcasting to 255.255.255.255,
> but none of the DHCP servers are responding.  The README
> file from isc says they know about this problem, but don't
> plan to fix it.

> Any other tricks or versions of DHCP I can try?

> I can't run Solaris8 (which comes bundled with DHCP)
> because my system is not on the HCL.

> Before I spend money on a new Intel platform, I was
> hoping that one of you could help me.

> Thanks!
> --
>           PlaceBase           |     Looking for a place to work, stay, or
LIVE?
> the Visual Database of Places |    Find it at PlaceBase!  No plug-ins
required.
>   http://www.placebase.com    | Panoramic (360-degree) views of the Real
World.

DHCP on Solaris x86 2.5 ?

Post by Tim Line » Sun, 25 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I got it to work on Solaris 2.7

Unfortunately I can't find my source code.  As I recall I had to find a .h file
with a #define having to do with USE_SOCKETS and uncomment the line.  Then it
worked.  I believe the header file was site.h or local.h or somesuch.  Sorry I
can't be more specific because it's been a couple months.  grep USE_SOCKETS *.h
and something will turn up.

> Has anyone gotten DHCP to run on Solaris x86 2.5?

> I downloaded the source from www.isc.org, and it
> does not work.  The dhclient is broadcasting to 255.255.255.255,
> but none of the DHCP servers are responding.  The README
> file from isc says they know about this problem, but don't
> plan to fix it.

> Any other tricks or versions of DHCP I can try?

> I can't run Solaris8 (which comes bundled with DHCP)
> because my system is not on the HCL.

> Before I spend money on a new Intel platform, I was
> hoping that one of you could help me.

> Thanks!
> --
>           PlaceBase           |     Looking for a place to work, stay, or LIVE?
> the Visual Database of Places |    Find it at PlaceBase!  No plug-ins required.
>   http://www.placebase.com    | Panoramic (360-degree) views of the Real World.

1. FS: Solaris 2.5 Desktop (CDE) and/or Solaris 2.5 Server Packages for x86 desktops

 Hi All,

  Just wanted to pass on some excellent deals on Solaris 2.5.1 software with
the WABI user interface for x86 machines. The WABI allows you to run many
Windows 3.1 applications on a UNIX box, giving you the best of both worlds.
Imagine, running MS OFFICE components like, MS Word for Windows, Excel,
Powerpoint, and interfacing with the functionality of UNIX at the same time.

For a limited time, John Cristy, at Executive Tools, Inc.,
is offering:

  Solaris 2.5.1 User Desktop package for $175.00
  Solaris 2.5.1 Application Server package for $395.00

Ref URL http://www.etools.com for full information and additional products.

They also have a student special (99.00 + shipping)(yes, you read that
right, Solaris 2.5.1 user desktop for $99.00).

Mention my name, Bob Fahey, and he will throw in the Java Workshop for
$85.00. Mention my name anyway, as he wants to know what the response is to
this.
If asked where you heard this, tell them not just the web, but the Newsgroup
you read it on.  Thanks.

The Executive Tools web site URL http://www.etools.com also has some
excellent links to other Solaris and Sun information pages.

 Executive Tools is not associated with this posting, so, if you have any

 replies, good or bad!

--
//signed//

URL http://www.3lefties.com/users/faheyb.html
Famous quote by daughter Elizabeth, "If I was them cows, I'd run away!"

2. 4.3.1 upgrade, but it says 4.3.0.0

3. how to install solaris 2.5 x86 to 2.5 gig WD HD

4. Need help with trivia question

5. can I install ab Solaris 2.5 to Solaris 2.7 x86

6. Modem and setserial

7. PPP on Solaris 2.4 for Sparc, Matrox PCI Millenium Card under Solaris 2.5 x86

8. disk doesn't restart after apm suspend

9. Solaris 2.5/x86 and non-Solaris fdisk partitions

10. DHCP Client package for Solaris 2.5

11. Does Solaris 2.5 support DHCP?

12. DHCP and Netmasks under Solaris 2.5/2.5.1

13. DHCP server for Solaris 2.3/2.5?