Installation Problem Solaris 2.6

Post by Doug Amdu » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to install Solaris 2.6 Intel on my home computer. I have the
disk partitioned and currently run Windows 98, SCO Open Server and
UnixWare.  I run through the installation process and at the point after
selecting filesystem sizes it tells me that partition #4 is beyond the
end of the disk.  Partition #4 holds Open Server and it runs just fine.
I am trying to install Solaris on Partition #3 which is currently
unused. The installation manager does note that when it adds up the
sizes of the various partitions, there is a rounding error of 1mb. I've
tried changing the sizes in my Solaris partition, but that makes no
difference... it really must be in Partition #4.  Any thoughts on how to
fix this?

Thanks,
Doug Amdur

Post by Wesley Mia » Fri, 18 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> I am trying to install Solaris 2.6 Intel on my home computer. I have the
> disk partitioned and currently run Windows 98, SCO Open Server and
> UnixWare.  I run through the installation process and at the point after
> selecting filesystem sizes it tells me that partition #4 is beyond the
> end of the disk.

I ran into this problem and called up Sun's tech support. It would
always say that the partition is of the incorrect size. I believe the
problem was caused by an incomplete install of Solaris the first time
around. It was a while ago, but the solution involved erasing the
install/config information on the setup boot disk (if I recall
correctly) and then trying to install again.

Hope this helps,
--

World of Artists Internet Services        http://www.woais.com/
Unit 1; DE-507                            Tel: 510-664-1813

1. Solaris 2.6 (sparc) installation problem (minor)

There is an error in the postinstall script for the package SUNWxilmn
on the Solaris 2.6 (sparc) CD.

The error causes four files in the directory /usr/openwin/demo/xil/example2
to have incorrect symbolic links to files in /usr/openwin/demo/xil/example1.

To correct the links, do the following as root:

        cd /usr/openwin/demo/xil/example2
        rm -f brainscan.data.Z brainscan.header example2.c window.c
        ln -s ../example1/brainscan.data.Z brainscan.data.Z
        ln -s ../example1/brainscan.header brainscan.header
        ln -s ../example1/example1.c       example2.c
        ln -s ../example1/window.c         window.c

This fix will not affect removing, installing, or patching SUNWxilmn.

-LMC-

2. Attribute file of UNIX

3. Solaris 2.6 Installation Problem

4. xdm does not restart on Sol2.4

5. Solaris x86 2.6 Installation Problems

6. MGR window system and m_halfwin function

7. Solaris 2.6 installation problem

8. Appletalk and tcp/ip networking under linux

9. Ultra 60 Solaris 2.6 5/98 installation problem

10. Problem with installation of Solaris 2.6

11. Solaris 2.6 network installation - a problem

12. Solaris 2.6 installation problem

13. Problems with Solaris 2.6 Installation