London Area Solaris Assistance

Post by Gary Shin » Wed, 22 May 2002 01:45:49

we have a customer in the Docklands area of London with a server that needs
sone extra disks instaled and moved to RAID 5.

Anyone in that area with the ability who would like a day in Telehouse in
the UK, please let me know to agree rates.

Thx
Gary

London Area Solaris Assistance

Post by Cris Lovet » Thu, 23 May 2002 01:16:55

Hi gary

im availabl to do this

drop me a line via email to sort out detail

Cris

> we have a customer in the Docklands area of London with a server that needs
> sone extra disks instaled and moved to RAID 5.

> Anyone in that area with the ability who would like a day in Telehouse in
> the UK, please let me know to agree rates.

> Thx
> Gary

1. Red Hat Linux 5.1 - Caldera OpenLinux 1.3 installation: need assistance (London)

Hello there.

I used to be a developer on Xenix-Unix systems just over 10 years ago, when
the firm I worked for closed down, I found work in the IT support field for
DOS and Windows based systems. After a long illness that left me disabled
and practically homebound, I have too much free time on my hands, and I
would like to get reacquainted with a modern Unix system as a hobby, and
possibly to start doing some C development again.

Unfortunately hardware is much more complex and varied nowadays and modern
Unices in general are very different from the ones I used to work with, I
therefore feel uncomfortable in attempting an installation without support.

I am wondering if there is a London-based, die hard Linux fan out there who
would be kind enough to spend some time with me (a day maybe ? over the
weekend if unavailable during weekdays) showing me the ropes and helping me
set up and fully configure either Red Hat or Caldera's Linux. Having done
that once with your guidance, and with the system up and running, I will
have plenty of time to get some books on Linux and work through the rest by
myself.

Obviously I would not be able to pay a great deal, but we can negotiate a
fee and of course I would owe you one.

The following is my PC's configuration:

ASUS TX-97 XE motherboard, AMD K6/233 CPU, 64 MB SDRAM
 1x 1.44 MB Floppy disk, 2x USB ports, 1x ECP/EPP parallel port, 2x serial
ports
 PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports

ADAPTEC 2940UW
 1x SEAGATE 4.3 GB ST34501W disk drive and 1x RICOH MP6200S CD-RW.

Matrox Millennium II 4 MB (PCI)
Diamond Monster 3D (3DFx Voodoo) (PCI)
USR Sportster voice 33.6 (ISA)
Sound Blaster AWE 64 Gold (ISA)
Iiyama Vision Master Pro 17

I do like to play games, and therefore I would like to keep a minimal Win98
installation and dual boot between Linux and Windows.

If you would like to help, please email me and we can discuss it further.

TIA
Neil

2. child process question

3. Job : UNIX, SOLARIS DEVELOPER, LONDON

4. hard disk drive

5. Solaris vacancies in London

6. Slow ping on PPP

7. Where are all the solaris jobs in London/England these days?

9. Wizard UK (London) Solaris 10 training

10. we have SAN(Storage Area Network), can we have CAN (Computer Area Network)

11. System Administrators / Service Engineers wanted at Yahoo! (in SF bay area or LA area)

12. mmap'ing 2 or more mem-area's to 1 mem-area?

13. Xwindows: desktop area mismatch with viewable area ?