Jumpstart - profile not found error

Post by Darrell Este » Sun, 01 Apr 2001 01:06:01

Hello,

I'm trying to do a custom hands off jumpstart installation. When I do the
jumpstart it reads the sysidcfg file just fine. Finds a rule in the rules.ok
file and everything seems to be going just fine when it spits out this
error:

Error: Could not find profile
(/tmp/install_config//jumpstart/brc6s01a.profile)

I don't know where it is coming up with the /tmp/install_config at? Also
what's the deal with the double //? I've tried many things including
creating the /tmp/install_config directory and making a jumpstart directory
in it and copying my profile over to the /tmp/install_conig/jumpstart. But I
still get the same error.
I have also made sure all my directories are shared correctly.

Please let me know if anyone has any thoughts.

TIA - Darrell

Here's the setup I have

/etc/bootparams:
brc6s01a root=brc6s01c:/usr/export/install/Solaris_2.6/Tools/Boot
install=brc6s01c:/usr/export/install boottype=:in
sysid_config=brc6s01c:/jumpstart/brc6s01a_sys
install_config=brc6s01c:/jumpstart  rootopts=:rsize=32768

/jumpstart/rules:
hostname brc6s01a - /jumpstart/brc6s01a.profile -
any - - /jumpstart/brc6s01a.profile -

/jumpstart/brc6s01a.profile:
install_type       initial_install
system_type      standalone
partitioning       existing
cluster              SUNWCall

Jumpstart - profile not found error

Post by Richard Skelto » Sun, 01 Apr 2001 05:35:26

Hi Darrell,
The  directory /tmp/install_config is mounted from your
brc6s01c:/jumpstart that's why jumpstart cant find your profile file.
See bellow.

> Hello,

> I'm trying to do a custom hands off jumpstart installation. When I do the
> jumpstart it reads the sysidcfg file just fine. Finds a rule in the rules.ok
> file and everything seems to be going just fine when it spits out this
> error:

> Error: Could not find profile
> (/tmp/install_config//jumpstart/brc6s01a.profile)

> I don't know where it is coming up with the /tmp/install_config at? Also
> what's the deal with the double //? I've tried many things including
> creating the /tmp/install_config directory and making a jumpstart directory
> in it and copying my profile over to the /tmp/install_conig/jumpstart. But I
> still get the same error.
> I have also made sure all my directories are shared correctly.

> Please let me know if anyone has any thoughts.

> TIA - Darrell

> Here's the setup I have

> /etc/bootparams:
> brc6s01a root=brc6s01c:/usr/export/install/Solaris_2.6/Tools/Boot
> install=brc6s01c:/usr/export/install boottype=:in
> sysid_config=brc6s01c:/jumpstart/brc6s01a_sys
> install_config=brc6s01c:/jumpstart  rootopts=:rsize=32768

> /jumpstart/rules:
> hostname brc6s01a - /jumpstart/brc6s01a.profile -
> any - - /jumpstart/brc6s01a.profile -

Should be :-
hostname brc6s01a - brc6s01a.profile -
any - - brc6s01a.profile -

Quote:

--
Cheers
Richard.

                         WWW    : http://www.brake.demon.co.uk/
                         Fax    : +44 870 052 1029

1. Solaris 7 JumpStart not following profile!

Solaris 7 does not seem to obey all package deselections in a custon
JumpStart profile.

The problem I'm having is that in testing something, I do not want any
packages under /usr/openwin to be installed.
So, I deselect a bunch of clusters and packages, and (to just choose 1
example) /var/sadm/system/logs/install_log shows the deselection:
        - Deselecting package (SUNWxi18x)
but later in install_log, it says:
  Installing 64 bit Solaris packages
and then, some time later:
  Installation of <SUNWxi18x> was successful.

I have not done much poking yet, but I assume that sometime after processing
the custom profile, the JumpStart scripts are deciding that it's a 64-bit
install, and thus selecting those 64-bit X packages.

The relevant lines from the JumpStart profile are:
  package         SUNWxwplx       delete
  package         SUNWuxlcx       delete
  package         SUNWxwslx       delete
  package         SUNWtltkx       delete
  package         SUNWxwicx       delete
  package         SUNWxi18x       delete

FYI, it's a SUNWCall initial install that I'm doing.

Any thoughts?  Anyone else seen thus?  Anyone know the Solaris end of
JumpStart internals well enough to suggest where to patch?  Anyone want to
file a bug-report with Sun?

Thanks.
Davin.
--

               Fax:     (716) 645-3464
               WWW:     http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~milun/

2. DOS part. HELP plz!!

3. Jumpstart x86: How not to PXE after jumpstart finishes and reboots ...

4. anobjrmap 1/6 rmap.h

5. ksh not reading /.profile or /etc/profile

6. AcerLan ALN-101

7. Jumpstart not jumpstarting a Sparcstation2

8. How to Extract a PAX Format File?

9. Not reading /etc/profile or .profile

10. Jumpstart Client does not seem to find boot server.

11. Jumpstart issue: Could not find matching rule in rules.ok

12. jumpstart directory not found

13. Jumpstart diskette not being found ...