Mail quota question...

Post by Josep M. Torn » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to put quotas on, but I have the following question:

It's possible to assign different quotas to different filesystems??
This is, I have mailboxes in one filesystem, and homedirectories in
another filesystem. Can I assign a quota to mailboxes and another to
homedirectories??

If not possible, how can I assign quota to (only) mailboxes?? Is there
any quota-aware local-mailer??

Thanks,

        Josep M. Torne

        TINET (Tarragona InterNET)

Mail quota question...

Post by Martin Hepwort » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I'm trying to put quotas on, but I have the following question:

> It's possible to assign different quotas to different filesystems??
> This is, I have mailboxes in one filesystem, and homedirectories in
> another filesystem. Can I assign a quota to mailboxes and another to
> homedirectories??

> If not possible, how can I assign quota to (only) mailboxes?? Is there
> any quota-aware local-mailer??

> Thanks,

>         Josep M. Torne

>         TINET (Tarragona InterNET)

Josep
Quick answer is 'yes' - quotas are per file system - see 'man quota' for
the ugle details.

Martin

1. How to set quota and mail quota

Could anyone tell me how to set quota for user and mailboxes?

For the user quota.. I tried the mini-QuotaHowto but won't work...

    well, I have this in my configuration
    /etc/fstab
    /dev/hda2    /    ext2    defaults,grpquota,usrquota    1 1
    and have quota.user and quota.group resides in / and /home
    when I type quotaon -avug
    nothing showed up
    when I type quotacheck -avug
    nothing showed up
    when I typed repquota -a
    nothing showed up
    -sigh-...
    I reboot, nothing special....
    edquota -u user1
    after I typed in everything.... :wq
    still nothing happen.. and login as user1, type quota -ug, ha...
quota
    for user1 :none

    What's wrong?? I really dunno....

I have set the kernel. But still nothing happen...
      When I edquota -u user1
      it only shows:
      Quotas for user user1:
      ~
      that's all. Then I typed in manually all the stuffs same as the
Mini-HowTo, is it just press <Esc> to the
      normal mode, type :wq to save and exit, that's all? Or I have to
save as other file like :wq!
      {quota.user} ??

      and when I check quota for other user1 by typing quota user1
      it shows quota for user1(UID xxx): 0
      why?
      nothing changed....... please help me.... how to see if the quota
is enabled in Kernel. I use the make
      menuconfig, type Y to the quota....and reboot...
      nothing happens....
      Please help me ......furthermore, how to set quota for user email
account? Like not more than 2MB
      of mail to be stored? Because I am scared of someone bom my user
email ...
      Anyway, thanks in advance !!... Help... anybody out
there.....Please......

2. rpm crashes my machine

3. Quotas : Format of quota.users & quota.groups ?

4. Repost: How to use macdef in FTP batch

5. How do I delete mail from mail file /var/mail/su after reading mails

6. 'glade' questions

7. Mail-Quota

8. iptables forward to local different port

9. Quotas and the mail partition.

10. mail quota

11. quota restriction for incoming mail?

12. User exceeds quota; mail to root during grace period...

13. Quotas on /var/mail?