NO LOGINS: System going down in 1 minute

NO LOGINS: System going down in 1 minute

Post by nx2.. » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:10:38

When I'm logging in....via telnet

SunOS 5.8

login: system
Password:

NO LOGINS: System going down in 1 minute

Connection to host lost.

...I found an error showed above...
I can log in before ... but now...got an error

ps. I can use directly front of the host,but inconvenient

So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

NO LOGINS: System going down in 1 minute

Post by Ed Ott » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 12:03:37

Quote:> When I'm logging in....via telnet

> SunOS 5.8

> login: system
> Password:

> NO LOGINS: System going down in 1 minute

 I believe that one of the three following may be true:

1) The system that you are trying to log into is in a single user state.
2) The system you are trying to login has got remote logins turned off.
3) The system that you are trying to log into has your login turned off
(doubtful).

Ed

-----------------
-----------------

Post by nx2.. » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 13:38:06

The system that you are trying to log into has your login turned off
<-- might be.. but how to do ? where is configuration file??

> > When I'm logging in....via telnet

> > SunOS 5.8

> > login: system
> > Password:

> > NO LOGINS: System going down in 1 minute

>  I believe that one of the three following may be true:

> 1) The system that you are trying to log into is in a single user state.
> 2) The system you are trying to login has got remote logins turned off.
> 3) The system that you are trying to log into has your login turned off
> (doubtful).

> Ed

> -----------------
> www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed*
> Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road
> -----------------

NO LOGINS: System going down in 1 minute

Post by Cesar » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:17:56

/etc/nologin

When you shutdown a solaris system, that file will be populated and removed
before turned off. You can remove safely if there was a mistake when the
system rebooted and did not removed the file itself.

Cesare

Quote:> The system that you are trying to log into has your login turned off
> <-- might be.. but how to do ? where is configuration file??

NO LOGINS: System going down in 1 minute

Post by nx2.. » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 16:19:57

OK, Thanks a lot
it's done now

> /etc/nologin

> When you shutdown a solaris system, that file will be populated and removed
> before turned off. You can remove safely if there was a mistake when the
> system rebooted and did not removed the file itself.

> Cesare

> > The system that you are trying to log into has your login turned off
> > <-- might be.. but how to do ? where is configuration file??

1. Network interfaces go down every 34 minutes

I had a linux installed in a machine and worked fine for more than a year,
now I decided to install a new linux (redhat 7.3) and didn't make any
modifications to the hardware of the machine.
Now I realize that once every 34 minutes all the interfaces of the machine
goes down (eth0, eth1, ppp0 and lo), ifconfig shows nothing.
In the screen appears this:
eth1: setting Rx mode to 0 addresses
eth0 3c5xp at 0x220, 10baset port, address 00 a0 (blah, mac address), irq
5.

eth0 is an internal network, eth1 goes to an ADSL router, ppp0 is my ADSL
connection and lo is lo.

I'm totally lost, I don't know what else to look at, is strange.
If anyone has any idea of what could be happening please help me.
If you need more information just ask.

Thank you.

Francisco

2. Which is the library for Graphic Terminal

3. power.conf - power down system disk after 30 minutes

4. cannot load ipv4.o

5. Interfaces don't go down when network is physically down

6. Q: USB 2.0 support + HDD

7. NFS: When one server goes down, entire network slows down to a crawl.

8. Iiyama LCD screen

9. ipip tunnel stays down after main interface goes down

10. THE SYSTEM IS GOING DOWN NOW???

11. DNS cache gone when pppd goes down

12. nfs hangs when remote system goes down

13. System goes down - "no more sockets"