SUN Quad ethernet card and bridging mode

SUN Quad ethernet card and bridging mode

Post by bas aert » Tue, 14 Dec 1999 04:00:00

morning guys!

Does any of you know how to configure the SUn quad ethernet card into
bridging mode? (ie we;re going to connect it to two switches, one of
which is the main path, the other one the backup/standby)

tnx!

--
_____________________________

Bas Aerts
Phone : +31 0651220929

Netcare professional services
Lucent Technologies
_____________________________

Post by Dale Ghen » Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:00:00

: morning guys!

: Does any of you know how to configure the SUn quad ethernet card into
: bridging mode? (ie we;re going to connect it to two switches, one of
: which is the main path, the other one the backup/standby)

You are looking for the Sun Trunking software.

/dale

--
Dale Ghent
----------

Post by Arthur Darren Dunh » Tue, 04 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>: morning guys!

>: Does any of you know how to configure the SUn quad ethernet card into
>: bridging mode? (ie we;re going to connect it to two switches, one of
>: which is the main path, the other one the backup/standby)

>You are looking for the Sun Trunking software.
>--
>Dale Ghent

Please provide a little more information here.  I was under the
impression that sun trunking (at least through 1.2) was only usable when
connected to a single switch for each member of the trunk.

Can you attach links to separate switches and have it load balance
properly?

Got some Dr Pepper?                                      Santa Clara, CA
      < Please move on, ...nothing to see here,  please disperse >

1. FS: Sun SBUS QUAD ETHERNET CARD

   FOR SALE
   SUN SBUS QUAD ETHERNET ADAPTER!!! IT IS 10/100
   MOVED TO FIB.
   BEST OFFER GETS IT

   Will trade for :

 10gig or gigher hard drive
 AGP Video Card
 3 128MB PC 100 DIMMS
 Tape Drive
 AWE 32 / 64 PNP sound card or simular
  JOHN

2. bug report(s) for 2.5.7[23]

3. Sun PCI Quad Ethernet card compatibility with a PC

4. smbmount under FreeBSD

5. Quad port ethernet cards for Sun boxes

6. Spreadsheet in Unix

7. Tell me what is bridge mode and half bridge mode of adsl routers

8. DNS (extrange) Problems !!

9. Quad Ethernet SBus and Quad FastEthernet SBus adapters in Ultra2

10. Sun quad fast ethernet adapter and Solaris 2.5.1

11. Sun trunking software for quad fast ethernet?

12. Sun Quad Fast Ethernet PCI Adapter