Looking for PAM (Pluggable Authentication Module) for Solaris

Looking for PAM (Pluggable Authentication Module) for Solaris

Post by Ernest Ki » Sun, 23 May 1999 04:00:00

I am looking for a password strength checker PAM for Solaris.  When
the user is changing their password, it should check to make sure that
it is a strong password (ie: not a word, name, etc, something that's
easily cracked).  I know that there are PAMs that do this in Linux,
but from what I understand the PAM model on Linux and Solaris differ.
If anyone know a good pointer to this, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

-Ernie

1. Solaris 2.4 Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM)

Does anyone have any info on PAM ? PAM is the authentication system used
in Solaris 2.4. In particular, I would like to know:

        is it (now, or to be) a published interface, whereby third
        party applications could interact with it to authenticate a user ?

        is it fully implemented, ie. do all interfaces that authenticate
        using crypt(3), now use PAM ?

I'm not running on Solaris 2.4 at the mo, so I can't get these answers myself.

Many thanks, Dave

-Interview with a Vampire                       +44-(071)-637-9111

2. kernel version number meaning

3. PAM, Pluggable Authentication Module experience?

4. Chipset and XFree86??

5. Solaris 2.4 Pluggable Authentication Modules

6. 'man' doesn't work... help!

7. Pluggable Authentication (PAM) for AIX?

8. Downloadable S9 Sparc companion CD Q?

9. Pluggable Authentication Modules

10. S/KEY pluggable authentication module

11. Non-root PAM authentication module available

12. developing PAM authentication modules?