Installing MS Office95 with SunPC 4.1

Post by Jamey Crumple » Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Has anyone had any positive experiences with this combination?  I have
encountered several problems with installing Office in SunPC.  The
error message I get is:

        Setup could not write to the file:
        'L:\Office\MSOFFICE.EXE'.
        Ensure that the destination drive has enough free space.

The odd thing is, each time I run SETUP, I get a different filename
that SETUP could not write to.  The files have the proper ownership
(the user account running SunPC).  Eventually, after several attempts,
Office will finally successfully install, without any errors.

I have set the memory size to the maximum of 16MB, and the C container
file is 128MB.  I am installing Office to a drive letter that was
mapped by Explorer, so it is using the 95 file name convention.

Thanks for sharing any thoughts on this...

Jamey

Jamey Crumpler                     (919)481-9797 x193
Senior Systems Engineer            301 Gregson Drive
Strategic Technologies             Cary, NC 27511
url: http://www.stratech.com

1. SunPC 4.1 Install on Solaris 2.5

I have SunPC 4.1 for Solaris, but it will not install on Solaris 2.5.
Is there a version that will install? I have not found any patches for either
products on SUN's WWW.sun.com/sunsoft or references to the two products working
together.

Thank you,
Charles Carden

2. md & raid0 questions

3. Problems using sunpc 4.1

4. Good news on ZFS!

5. SunPC 4.0.1 -> 4.1 Update ?

6. many connection to mysql from apache module

7. SunPC 4.1 and Windows '95???

8. Real Producer for Linux

9. 4.1 4.1 4.1 HELP!

10. Sunpc & MS Office 97 (Answer)

11. RedHat 4.1 install: update before install?

12. upgrade to VxFS 4.1 and VxSF for Oracle 4.1 from VxFS 3.5

13. SunOS 4.1 / 4.1.1 / 4.1.1U_1 /usr/etc/rpc.yppasswdd doesn't work.