defining customized directives in Legato Networker

defining customized directives in Legato Networker

Post by Alexander von Alkie » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 20:14:54

Hi all,

i'm using Sostice Data Backup Utility (Legato with single server license).
Now i try to define my own directives, but i don't exactly know the syntax
of the definition.

Can anybody give me a hint, where to get an explanation of the syntax?
What about these "+skip..." and "logasm:" expressions?

the existing definition looks like this:

############
<< / >>
 skip: core
<< /usr >>
 allow
<< /opt >>
 allow
<< /tmp >>
 skip: .?* *
<< /export >>
 allow
<< /nsr >>
 allow
<< /DEFX0YD0 >>
 allow
<< /var >>
 logasm: .
<< /usr/adm >>
 logasm: .
<< /usr/spool >>
 logasm: .
<< /usr/spool/mail >>
 mailasm: .
<< /usr/mail >>
 mailasm: .
<< /var/mail >>
 mailasm: .
#########

alexander

defining customized directives in Legato Networker

Post by Georg » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 20:50:42

I can't remember much from the training course but
skip core means dont backup core files
logasm means ,I thin,k don't generate errors if the backup file size
changes during backup, as log files do change size

George

Post by Alexander von Alkie » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 22:07:23

> I can't remember much from the training course but
> skip core means dont backup core files
> logasm means ,I thin,k don't generate errors if the backup file size
> changes during backup, as log files do change size

> George

> >Hi all,

> >i'm using Sostice Data Backup Utility (Legato with single server
license).
> >Now i try to define my own directives, but i don't exactly know the
syntax
> >of the definition.

> >Can anybody give me a hint, where to get an explanation of the syntax?
> >What about these "+skip..." and "logasm:" expressions?

> >the existing definition looks like this:

> >############
> ><< / >>
> > skip: core
> ><< /usr >>
> > allow
> ><< /opt >>
> > allow
> ><< /tmp >>
> > skip: .?* *
> ><< /export >>
> > allow
> ><< /nsr >>
> > allow
> ><< /DEFX0YD0 >>
> > allow
> ><< /var >>
> > logasm: .
> ><< /usr/adm >>
> > logasm: .
> ><< /usr/spool >>
> > logasm: .
> ><< /usr/spool/mail >>
> > mailasm: .
> ><< /usr/mail >>
> > mailasm: .
> ><< /var/mail >>
> > mailasm: .
> >#########

> >alexander

thanks. in the meantime i found some nsr manpages the helped.

alexander