Sharing network resources. Solaris / NT.

Sharing network resources. Solaris / NT.

Post by Scott Statlan » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Here's what I am trying to accomplish. I have a SPARC Ultra 10 creator that
I want to use as somthing similar to a web server, the first thing that I
need to do is get this to share some printers that I have on a NT server,
but have no idea as to how to get the solaris machine to talk to the NT and
visa/versa. any ideas?

Once I accomplish this I will work on the next part.

Sharing network resources. Solaris / NT.

Post by Paul Tolan » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

OK, two parts - easy then hard(er)
Part 1, install TCP/IP printing as a service on your NT box from Control
Panel/Networking.  Make sure that the service is running after installation
by going to Control Panel/Services and set it to start automatically.  You
should now be able to do raw printing by identifying the printer(s) on your
NT box to the Solaris machine using admintool (or lpstat/lpadmin).  Look at
the man pages if you don't know how to do this.
Part 2, you need to set up filters and/or Ghostscript if your printers do
not handle Postscript.  There are a number of threads in this group and in
alt.solaris.x86 describing this.
Good luck!

>Here's what I am trying to accomplish. I have a SPARC Ultra 10 creator that
>I want to use as somthing similar to a web server, the first thing that I
>need to do is get this to share some printers that I have on a NT server,
>but have no idea as to how to get the solaris machine to talk to the NT and
>visa/versa. any ideas?

>Once I accomplish this I will work on the next part.

1. Routing Dual-Homed Network to Share Network Resources

I'm running a OBSD 3.3 gateway with a hardwired nic (dc0) and a wireless nic
(wi0).  The machine is acting as a wireless accesspoint using hostap.

Been reading through documentation for route (8) and routed, as well as the
FreeBSD Handbook on advanced networking.

I'm having trouble parsing the information to understand how to set the
routing tables so that clients connecting on the wi0 can see the printing
resources and other shared network items on dc0.

wi0 serves up dhcp leases on 192.168.1.0/32 and dc0 serves up dhcp leases on
192.168.0.0/16.

Any resources such as a FAQ or howto would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks a
lot in advance for any and all help.

2. AIX gives ping command when ssh?

3. how to share resource between a NT Server and a Linux Server

4. DELL system with Diamond Permedia 2

5. Accessing NT shared resources

6. SLS bug warning

7. NT NT NT NT NT NT NT MT

8. chsh for Solaris 2.5.1/SunOS 5.5.1

9. Sharing Resources On A Windows Network

10. Sharing resources between Windows and Solaris 8

11. Solaris user use NT resource.

12. mounting NT resources on Solaris.

13. Access network shares that are on a NT DOMAIN !