changing keys with xmodmap

Post by siam.. » Thu, 21 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hi All:

Been trying all morning to get the Copy and Paste working on a Solaris x86
box running 2.5 and cde.  Used the following:

xmodmap -e "keycode 127 = SunCopy"
xmodmap -e "keycode 128 = SunPaste"

Then when I do a xmodmap -pk,  it shows that I modified the F9 and F10 keys to
be SunCopy and SunPaste.

However, in textedit and de*,  these keys do not work as expected.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanx in advance,
ravi

1. xmodmap - dead keys, alt keys, help!

: Preliminary info: I have the slackware distribution that had the 1.2.3
: kernel on it, and have since built kernel 1.2.13. I have the version of
: XFree86 that came with the kernel. And I think what I'm trying to do
: doesn't work just because I'm doing it wrong. :-)

Slight mistake: I have the version of XFree86 tha came with the above
described version of slackware, not the kernel. But I guess you all had
figured that out...

: --

: |"A space is made by telephone/They thought time would be overthrown/ |
: |And they compiled a wished list/From Mars to duels to a dish kissed/ |
: |I tried to talk to the ishist/But he was debating with his clone/    |
: |I Superabound, but I still got nothing to do"          - Frank Black |
: +---------------------------------------------------------------------+

--

|"A space is made by telephone/They thought time would be overthrown/ |
|And they compiled a wished list/From Mars to duels to a dish kissed/ |
|I tried to talk to the ishist/But he was debating with his clone/    |
|I Superabound, but I still got nothing to do"          - Frank Black |

2. tab in tcsh

3. Xmodmap help for Win95 keys

4. where can i find aix installation help ?

5. Win95 keys in .Xmodmap

6. help setting up with slackware 3.0.0

7. key mapping using xmodmap

8. Faking an IP address

9. Win95 keys in .Xmodmap

10. xmodmap, Meta key Grrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. xmodmap fails for a few keys

12. Xmodmap F-Keys problem

13. xmodmap and key combinations