Installing Oracle9i on Solaris

Post by rajasheka.. » Tue, 31 May 2005 23:25:08

Hi,
Can anyone let me know..Why we get the following error during Oracle 9i
installation.

"Failed to create "ORACLE_HOME/admin/SID/bdump" directory.

Thanks
Dasari Rajashekar

Installing Oracle9i on Solaris

Post by Harry » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 23:00:44

Quote:>Hi,
>Can anyone let me know..Why we get the following error during Oracle 9i
>installation.

>"Failed to create "ORACLE_HOME/admin/SID/bdump" directory.

>Thanks
>Dasari Rajashekar

Just a couple of thoughts, both of which you've probabky already checked:

1)  are you running the install as the oracle user

2) is there a space issue on the file system you're installing 9i into?

Where in the install did you get the message?

Harry B

1. installing oracle9i on solaris8

I need to install oracle9i on a sparc10 machine running on 300+ mzh with 256
RAM.  Does anyone know the minimum
h/w requirements for solaris for installing oracle9i.  My first attempt
failed as I was able to install the s/w but it would hang-up when I started
a database.  I suspect that processor is slow for running oracle9i, but not
too sure of it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

2. timezone files

3. Oracle9i Solaris 9

4. Netatalk and NetBSD?

5. +!+how to install DBM in Solaris , Is there a need to install DBM in solaris

6. Freewwweb Setup

7. ++how to install DBM in Solaris , Is there a need to install DBM in solaris

8. linking a Solaris client to MS Exchange

9. Oracle9i JDeveloper

10. Oracle9i installation problem

11. SuSE Linux Validated For Oracle9i Database

12. oracle9i insrallation on RH 7.1 problem

13. AIX/Oracle9i: oraInventory Permissions Problem