writing to diskette??

Post by Steve Doli » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

this morning i wanted to transfer a file from a direcotry in one of the
filesystems to my diskette. i had no idea how to do it within unix. i
looked to see if their was anything in the answerbooks regarding the word
diskette (the search engine returned no matches). so i started wabi and
used the windows file manager.  well....it worked, but how can i do this
and avoid starting windoze.??
thanks

writing to diskette??

Post by Peter Marela » Fri, 19 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> this morning i wanted to transfer a file from a direcotry in one of the
> filesystems to my diskette. i had no idea how to do it within unix. i
> looked to see if their was anything in the answerbooks regarding the word
> diskette (the search engine returned no matches). so i started wabi and
> used the windows file manager.  well....it worked, but how can i do this
> and avoid starting windoze.??
> thanks

Read:
man fdformat
man volcheck
man vold

Peter Marelas

writing to diskette??

Post by mko.. » Sat, 27 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi !

Quote:> this morning i wanted to transfer a file from a direcotry in one of the
> filesystems to my diskette. i had no idea how to do it within unix. i

Start /usr/openwin/bin/filemgr, insert your diskette, and choose
File->Check_for_new_Floppy - the rest should be easy...

Ciao
 Markus

writing to diskette??

Post by Kyle M Forb » Sat, 03 Aug 1996 04:00:00

  Your floppy drive is probably /dev/fd0.

  You can tar to the floppy or create a filesystem on it.

                        - Kyle

>Hi !

>> this morning i wanted to transfer a file from a direcotry in one of the
>> filesystems to my diskette. i had no idea how to do it within unix. i
>Start /usr/openwin/bin/filemgr, insert your diskette, and choose
>File->Check_for_new_Floppy - the rest should be easy...

>Ciao
> Markus

    Kyle M Forbes                                 Systems Administrator

                                                  (402) 472 - 7556
    Grace Me Guide

1. Floppy Drive to write DOS formatted diskettes

Please help.  I need to be able to share information between a System V.4 UNIX
box and DOS PCs.  This application calls for writing data to a diskette so
that the files can be viewed remotely on PC compatible computers.  How can
you do this?

Thanks in Advance,
Matt Barber
wixer.bga.com!eagle!mdb
(512) 345-6900 ext 224
--

Michael K. Makuch
ABM Data Systems, Austin TX

2. **Please help** I'm a newbie

3. Right way to write diskette images?

4. Redht 7.1 erases MBR in windows

5. Writing a SCO diskette from a DOS, NT or Windows95 PC...

6. Parsing file sent to Apache using POST

7. Q: writing a double density diskette with Sol2.4 ?

8. (repost) Getting error 0x10 while booting, please help

9. Floppy write errors when making emergency diskettes

10. Reading/Writing to Macintosh diskettes?

11. How to write a file to a dos diskette in "A"???

12. Writing an 1.7 Mb image to a 1.44 Mb diskette

13. How to write MAC OS diskettes under linux?