Directory Server (5.1) crash

Post by Fred » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:02:07

After removing the WTMPX file on a Solaris 9 Directory Server (5.1)
the server crashed. The WTMPX file seemed corrupt and our TSM backup
was not able to backup this file. We have two LDAP servers (master and
slave). The master crashed and the slave handled the incoming LDAP
requests. The following error appeared in the error-log:
NSMMReplicationPlugin - Data required to update replica"cn=XXX.XX,
cn-replica, cn="o=XXX.nl", cn=mapping tree, cn=config (host
server.xxx.xx, port 389)" has been purged. The replica must be
reinitialized.

During the startup of the LDAP server we also received the following
message:

Entry "cn=changelog5,cn=config" has unknown object class ""Date.... -
Entry "cn=changelog5,cn=config" has unknown object class"

At this moment we do not have any replication between the two LDAP
servers. We are not able to manually initialize the replication.

Your comments are very much appreciated.

With kind regards,

Fred

1. IPLT Directory Server 5.1 and Sun One Directory Server 5.1 Difference ?

Curious if there is any different between IPLT Directory Server 5.1
and Sun One Directory Server 5.1.

I just got the IPLT 5.1 distro that comes with Solaris 9 working and I
noticed the Sun ONE Directory 5.1 server has a Service Pack 1.

Is this service pack appropriate for the IPLT Directory server
packages in Solaris 9 ?

2. An idea concerning Java and Unix

3. Sun ONE Directory Server 5.1 Patch questions

4. Networked CDROMs

5. NIS and Sun ONE directory server (5.1).

6. Terminal Server/LAT/TCP/IP

7. SUN one directory server 5.1 replication problem

8. Cannot open master raw device '/dev/rawctl' (No such device)

9. Installation of LDAP Directory Server 5.1 is CRAP!!!

10. Solaris 9 LDAP Directory Server 5.1 ... Anybody???

11. Preparing for Directory Server - Do I need to remove 5.1?

12. AIX 5.1.B and 5.1.C and AIX 5.1.D

13. Making Directories crash server?