VPN client for Solaris

Post by Circusj.. » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 11:27:10

I am looking to setup a Solaris Box at Home.
I have a  VPN server at the office and would like to be able to VPN in
to my comapny, Is there a Client out there ?

VPN client for Solaris

Post by Alan Coopersmit » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 14:37:45

|I am looking to setup a Solaris Box at Home.
|I have a  VPN server at the office and would like to be able to VPN in
|to my comapny, Is there a Client out there ?

There are several VPN clients for Solaris - unfortunately VPN is not a
protocol name, but a generic description, and you need to know what VPN
protocol your office is using in order to choose the right one.

VPN client for Solaris

Post by Circusj.. » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 11:27:30

I think It is IKE , I know it is Microsoft Based ( YUK) , I'll Find
out for sure .

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001 05:37:45 +0000 (UTC), Alan Coopersmith

>|I am looking to setup a Solaris Box at Home.
>|I have a  VPN server at the office and would like to be able to VPN in
>|to my comapny, Is there a Client out there ?

>There are several VPN clients for Solaris - unfortunately VPN is not a
>protocol name, but a generic description, and you need to know what VPN
>protocol your office is using in order to choose the right one.

>--

>  Working for, but definitely not speaking for, Sun Microsystems, Inc.

VPN client for Solaris

Post by Circusj.. » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:26:32

IT is PPTP going into a Micro Soft Box , also We are putting up a Win
2000 Box that will be using IPsec a client for either would be perfect
.

Post by Philip Bro » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 08:50:40

>IT is PPTP going into a Micro Soft Box , also We are putting up a Win
>2000 Box that will be using IPsec a client for either would be perfect

solaris has ipsec built in .(in theory).
the questoin is, do you have a fixed IP address at home? otherwise it wont
work.

The word of the day is mispergitude

VPN client for Solaris

Post by Circusj.. » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 22:13:48

I don't have a Fixed IP address , But I can Get one ,Just have to
reconfigure My router.

Where is IP sec on Solaris ? or do they call it something else ?

>>IT is PPTP going into a Micro Soft Box , also We are putting up a Win
>>2000 Box that will be using IPsec a client for either would be perfect

>solaris has ipsec built in .(in theory).
>the questoin is, do you have a fixed IP address at home? otherwise it wont
>work.

>--
>[Trim the no-bots from my address to reply to me by email!]
>[ Do NOT email-CC me on posts. Pick one or the other.]

>The word of the day is mispergitude

VPN client for Solaris

Post by Andrew Gabri » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 03:32:43

Quote:> I don't have a Fixed IP address , But I can Get one ,Just have to
> reconfigure My router.

> Where is IP sec on Solaris ? or do they call it something else ?

Part of IP from Solaris 8.
man ipsecconf

--
Andrew Gabriel