CA questions

Post by Ken Won » Thu, 28 Mar 2002 00:57:42

Hello,

I've built my own CA in an UNIX box with openssl.  I also
use my CA to sign a web server certificate and install it
in an apache.  Now, I want to force to do client
authentication during access the apache, but I don't know
how to generate client certificate request from IE.  Can
anyone give me some advices.
TIA

Ken

CA questions

Post by Martin Ouweha » Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:00:31

] [...] but I don't know how to generate client certificate request from IE.

this is a bit outdated, but the IE part is still valid:

        http://slwww.epfl.ch/SIC/SL/CA/
        http://slwww.epfl.ch/SIC/SL/CA/genReq.html
        http://slwww.epfl.ch/SIC/SL/CA/genReq-script.txt

--
  | ~~~~~~~~ Martin Ouwehand ~ Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ~ Lausanne
__|_____________ Email/PGP: http://slwww.epfl.ch/info/Martin.html _____________
We are the null in /dev/null                                   [Mike Batchelor]

1. named.ca Question

I'm going to be starting up the DNS on a system that is
currently only using /etc/hosts.  I looked at the WWW page
of:

http://nic.ddn.mil/

and notice the short little named.ca in most books is now a
monstrosity several files in length.

Do I just get the named.ca page, or that plus the mil page
(for a military site)?

Thanks,

Steve

2. Please, help -- problems installing g++ 2.7.2

3. CA Cert with OpenSSL not recognised as "CA" cert

4. Help design/seting up a Linux server

6. NTFS 3.0+?

7. Question: CA-2001-34 buffer overflow with login & kernel variable "noexec_user_stack"

8. bridge hhtp/get to https/post

9. CERT CA-99-05 and question

10. Questions regarding CA

12. LUG Talk Wishlist - Need speakers! (Davis, CA)

13. Palo Alto, CA: IP and Kernel Experts For Filter Product