Help, NIS+ Server, NIS Client

Post by Jeremy Sta » Thu, 20 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Has anyone out there successfully configured a NIS+ server/NIS client
pair?

Our NIS+ network is working OK, but trying to initialise a machine as a
NIS client of our NIS-compatible NIS+ server generates the error:

   Can't enumerate maps from atlas. Please check that it is running.

I'm running around in circles with the documentation and can't see what's
wrong. Any ideas, please?

Non caremus, fimus non damus.

1. NIS : auth problem with Linux nis server and SUN sparc nis client

Hello,

I'v found some very old message about this problem in this group, but
there was no solution.

I' ve set up a NIS server on a Linux machine ( ubuntu 5.01)
following this howto
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/NIS-HOWTO/index.html
http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/serveur/nis

everything seems to be ok
my sun machine is binded to ypserv on linux

inv09748 ( my linux nis server)

cao8:$1$JL6XpfxxxxxqctkdfFSycuu/:5008:5000::/home/cao8:/usr/bin/ksh

but when i try to log with cao8 => " incorrect login"

i can only log with root

loggued with root in can do :
su - cao8
and it works fine

so ... if someone can help, i will be very gracefull

(sorry for my english, i'm french)

2. SOL 2.3 Answer-Book - need help

3. NIS+ : Can an HP be a NIS client to a Sun NIS+ server

4. Question about tin

5. Solaris NIS server and Linux NIS client : problems

6. Can't find an NEC 2X CD on LPT1->SCSI

7. Sol 2.5 NIS Server & 2.4 NIS Client?

8. Diamond Motherboard works ?

9. Multiple/BACKUP NIS servers with NYS NIS client?

10. Solaris 2.7 NIS client cannot log onto RHL62 NIS server

11. HPUX NIS Client connecting to SOLARIS NIS Server

12. NIS clients do not like having NIS+ server

13. NIS+ master server convert to NIS client