DOS format floppy disk driver mount problem

DOS format floppy disk driver mount problem

Post by Jin L » Wed, 02 Feb 1994 23:08:49

   I changed my SUN OS system from 4.1.1 to Solaris 2.3 on
my SPARC 2 workstation.  Could some one tell me how to
mount floppy disk driver into a DOS format driver so I can
transfer DOS files between SUN and PC?

Post by Robert Romba » Thu, 03 Feb 1994 03:47:40

>    I changed my SUN OS system from 4.1.1 to Solaris 2.3 on
> my SPARC 2 workstation.  Could some one tell me how to
> mount floppy disk driver into a DOS format driver so I can
> transfer DOS files between SUN and PC?

This works for me:

                // mounts floppy if there's one in the drive
        volcheck

                // floppy0 is a symbolic link to parellel directory
                // named after the volume name of the disk.
        cd /floppy/floppy0

                // access DOS files with regular UNIX commands
        cp <dos file> <unix file>
        cp <unix file> <dos file>

                // eject disk - this must be performed from /floppy directory
        eject

NOTE: I created an alias dosDisk="volcheck; cd /floppy/floppy0"

--------------------------------
Bob Rombaut
University of Rochester
Laboratory for Laser Energetics
Rochester, NY

--------------------------------

1. How to mount a floppy disk of DOS format?

mount /dev/fd0 /mnt -t msdos

You need msdos support in your kernel.

Also, you should try the "mtools" package which
lets you use MSDOS-like commands such as "mcopy",
"mdir", "mdel", etc.

--
     Peter F Curran
     Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

Use address in Organization line, finger
for PGP key.  Antispaam test in progress.

2. c2ps source code

3. can't format a dos-formatted floppy disk

4. Search Replace and Reformat

5. Problems mounting DOS floppy disk

6. Security Vulnerability with DESMS

7. Reading files off a DOS formatted floppy disk

8. Read file contents but not line break

9. Wanted: Floppy Disk Driver - MacIntosh Format

10. How to mount a dos floppy disk to solaris?

11. SLS's a2-disk - DOS-formatted or raw-formatted??

12. DOS floppy disk driver for UNIX

13. how to mount a dos floppy to /mnt/floppy