Solaris C++/G++ Users Needed For Beta-Testers

Solaris C++/G++ Users Needed For Beta-Testers

Post by OpenObjects 415-638-10 » Thu, 22 Sep 1994 09:27:25

Hi,
   I need to find a few Beta-testers for the solaris version of our
product, Look! If you would like to join our beta program, you need to
meet the following requirements:

1. You must have Solaris 2.3.
2. You must be using SparcWorks 3 C++, or GCC 2.5.8 or later.
3. You must be willing to send us your executable (not the source) if
we need it to help us debug Look!
4. You must answer the questions below, and send the answers to:

What is Look!
=============

Look! is a C++-Specific de* that does run-time object
animation. What does this mean? In addition to doing all the symbolic
debugging stuff the GDB and DBX do Look! also graphically shows object
creation, deletion and the passing of methods and references as the
program runs.

What's in it for you?
=====================

You get to use a really cool de* for free...and you may see things
in your code that you didn't know were there.

The Questions
=============

1. What version of Solaris do you have?

2. What compiler are you using?

3. What kind of machine do you have?

4. How much memory does you machine have?

5. How much swap space is you machine configured for?

6. Can you spare 15 meg of disk for beta-testing Look! ?

7. Describe the application you intend to run under look!

8. How big (in MB) is the application that you plan to run under look! ?

9. What static libraries do you bind in with your application?

10. Which dynamic libraries do you build you application with?

11. Would you be willing to send us core files of Look! if crashes
happen during the beta program?

12. Would you be willing to send us your executable if we need it?

13. Do you have ftp access to the internet?

----

have any questions about this, please feel free to call or write me.

Bill Roth
Manager, Support & Services
OpenObjects

655 Mariners Island Blvd., Suite 305, San Mateo CA 94404

1. Beta site: Beta testers needed!

We need beta testers to visit this site:

http://www.betabeta.com/

We have a list of over 160 active beta tests, a free newsletter (which you

"SUBSCRIBE BETANET" in the message, or by visiting the site), a beta
newsgroup listing, searching capabilities, and more!  We won the Platinum
Top 100 Sites of 1996 Award, too!

--
Tim Cassedy-Blum
Webmaster, BetaNet

http://www.betabeta.com/

2. Installation of SCO Uni

3. C/C++ Beta Testers wanted for the Distributed Interface Object System

4. Credit Bureau Connection

5. X-server #9 GXi Lite -TI34020

6. Apache causes swapImage javascript to revalidate image.

7. Sample logfiles and/or beta-testers ?

8. Wanted: Beta-testers: Fortify: 128-bit crypto on BSD

9. Beta-testers for a new FidoNet mailer wanted

10. Call for Beta-Testers for X386 1.2E (X11R5, enhanced)