Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Jul 11, 2003)

Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Jul 11, 2003)

Post by Mike Peters » Tue, 02 Sep 2003 14:00:03

The automated system administration scripts, which are copies of the
scripts in active use on our Solaris 2.X, Linux (RedHat and Mandrake),
SGI IRIX 6.X, and FreeBSD 3.X systems; they also were used on
SunOS 4.1.X, HP (HP-UX 9.X), SGI (IRIX 5.X).
They are available as files 'autoadmin.shar.*' from URL:
   http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/
(Note: these files were last updated Jul 11, 2003).

The dot file scripts, which are copies of the .cshrc / .login / .profile
/ etc scripts in active use on our Solaris 2.X, Linux (RedHat and Mandrake),
SGI IRIX 6.X, and FreeBSD 3.X systems; they also were used on
SunOS 4.1.X, HP (HP-UX 9.X), SGI (IRIX 5.X).
They are available as files 'dotfiles.shar.*' from URL:
   http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/
(Note: these files were last updated Jul 11, 2003).

The BSD to HP-UX porting tricks, a set of notes and helpful C routines
for porting programs to HP-UX, are available from URL:
   http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/unix/HPTRICKS
This file also contains a driver program and functions to obtain the
load average on a wide variety of systems, including HP-UX, IRIX,
SunOS, Solaris, DEC OSF, Stardent(!), and even for systems with no
/dev/kmem access (or if you can't get your program to be setgid to the
"kmem" group because you do not have 'root' access).
(Note: this file was last updated Jun 16, 1999).
--
HE: Haven't I seen you some place before?                   Mike Peterson
 SHE: Yes. That's why I don't go there anymore.             U/Toronto NetOps

WWW:    http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/                  Fax: 416-971-1362

1. Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Jul 11, 2003)

[...]

Stop repeat offenders. Don't re-elect them!                 Mike Peterson
                                                            U/Toronto NetOps

WWW:    http://www.noc.utoronto.ca/~mikep/                  Fax: 416-971-1362

2. Call for Papers --- Deadline Extended

3. PPP with CHAP request for config

4. Modem box.

5. NE2000 (clone) programmer/diag

6. Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Jul 6, 2004)