Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without
delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the
queued mails will be delivered.
Thanks for advices!
Thanks for advices!
>$ /usr/lib/sendmail -bv <username>
"i dunno what chatterly is, it's not Eliza, Mgonz, ALICE, or ANNA.
but it's not the best AI out there. i'd say Smarterchild and Zola
are more advanced. i believe both of those use ALICE but modified
AIML. i'm more impressed by the newsgroup (NNTP) glue code that they
used. an NNTP bot is harder than an instant message or chatbot.
bravo to the mad coder with too much time on his hands (programming
for programming's sake is the most glorious expression of postmodern
idealism). so mr chatterly programmer, come out of seclusion and tell
us if it's written in perl or python." -- SchroedingerzKat
1. Mail for lists getting queued for no reason, solaris 2.4
Sendmail-8.7.5 under Solaris-2.4 is acting strange with mailing lists.
Here's the problem,presented as an IF statement for clarity, hopefully:
IF (mail is sent to both a user and a mailing list containing that user)
AND (the owner-list alias points to the list-request alias)
(the second mail is queued, and doesn't get sent until the
next time sendmail checks the queue)
For example, here's the setup for list "foolist". bar1 and bar2 are
regular users, not aliases:
When I send To: bar1, cc: foolist, the mail to bar1 gets queued, and
isn't sent immediately. It only gets sent when sendmail checks the
queue, one hour later. This is independent of the MUA.
Here's the mailq output:
JAB11612 5 Mon Feb 26 09:00 foolist-request
No reason is given why it's in the queue.
However, when I change owner-foolist to point to "bar2" instead of
"foolist-request" the mail is sent immediately.
I've been stumped on this for a couple of weeks, and I'm hoping
someone out there can help me.
Thanks in advance.
John Wetherill UNIX System Administrator
3. point solaris print queue to win2000 print queue
4. Initial string for u.s.r. external modem?
5. How to delete mail from mail queue.
6. ide raid
7. Mail problem -- can't get mail to queue!
8. VEXUS VAR-Business Dealer UpDate Prices List
9. net mail OK, local mail permanently queued
10. Queue-R-Mail-HOWTO 1.01 (hold Remote Mail for later delivery)
11. Mails do not get removed from Mail Queue
12. How do I delete mail from mail file /var/mail/su after reading mails