gcc 3.2 under Solaris 9

Post by Pavlos Parissi » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 01:25:01

Hello,
I installed the gcc 3.2 from sunfreeware but every time I run
configure I get the error that my compiler can not create executables.
I know that I don't have some packages and that's why I get this.
Does anyone remember which packages I need?

Regards,
Pavlos

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love having the feeling of being in control

The surfer of life
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GnuPG Key: FB1E6AE7
Fingerprint  A9AE EA0C EE1F FBD0 5B6F  3F77 2782 EFE2 FB1E 6AE7
Get my key here: http://users.hol.gr/~p_pavlos/pubpgpkey.txt

gcc 3.2 under Solaris 9

Post by Dave Uhrin » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 01:38:50

> Hello,
> I installed the gcc 3.2 from sunfreeware but every time I run
> configure I get the error that my compiler can not create executables.
> I know that I don't have some packages and that's why I get this.
> Does anyone remember which packages I need?

What is the output of

$ echo $PATH

You need to have /usr/local/bin and /usr/ccs/bin in your PATH.

gcc 3.2 under Solaris 9

Post by Tom Hal » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 08:31:20

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 19:25:01 +0300, Pavlos Parissis

>Hello,
>I installed the gcc 3.2 from sunfreeware but every time I run
>configure I get the error that my compiler can not create executables.
>I know that I don't have some packages and that's why I get this.
>Does anyone remember which packages I need?

>Regards,
>Pavlos

Installing the following packages should fix your problem:

SUNWhea (SunOS Header Files)
SUNWarc (Archive Libraries)
SUNWbtool (CCS tools bundled with SunOS)
SUNWlibm (Sun WorkShop Bundled libm)

Regards,

Tom Hall

gcc 3.2 under Solaris 9

Post by Pavlos Parissi » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 20:23:13

> On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 19:25:01 +0300, Pavlos Parissis

>>Hello,
>>I installed the gcc 3.2 from sunfreeware but every time I run
>>configure I get the error that my compiler can not create executables.
>>I know that I don't have some packages and that's why I get this.
>>Does anyone remember which packages I need?

>>Regards,
>>Pavlos

> Installing the following packages should fix your problem:

> SUNWhea (SunOS Header Files)
> SUNWarc (Archive Libraries)
> SUNWbtool (CCS tools bundled with SunOS)
> SUNWlibm (Sun WorkShop Bundled libm)

I did two of them and the installation solved the problem
Thenk you very much

Regards,
Pavlos