two questions: video depth and netscape install

two questions: video depth and netscape install

Post by u126068.. » Sun, 17 Jun 2001 00:57:08

1)I changed the resolution on my ultra10/solaris2.8 to 1152x900x76.
Now, i try to set the color depth to 24 and it gives not enough memory
error for the above resolution.  Then it says use nocheck option to
force it. What is the usage to use nocheck?. I used it but it did not
take it. How about if it does not work with depth 24 no matter what?.

2)I have two CDs that have Netscape Logos on them. I can not figure
out how to install Netscape for this solaris 2.8 system off of these
CDs?.

--
Sent  by msg124 from hotmail  subpart  of  com

Post by Alan Coopersmit » Sun, 17 Jun 2001 12:14:50

|1)I changed the resolution on my ultra10/solaris2.8 to 1152x900x76.
|Now, i try to set the color depth to 24 and it gives not enough memory
|error for the above resolution.  Then it says use nocheck option to
|force it. What is the usage to use nocheck?. I used it but it did not
|take it. How about if it does not work with depth 24 no matter what?.

If you have one of the original Ultra 10 models, it won't support 24-bit
color at that resolution (or any usable resolution for that matter).
You need one of the later models with 4mb of VRAM instead of 2mb.

|2)I have two CDs that have Netscape Logos on them. I can not figure
|out how to install Netscape for this solaris 2.8 system off of these
|CDs?.

Netscape should have been installed in /usr/dt/bin/netscape when you
installed Solaris 8 - it's on the OS CD's.  The CD's you're looking at
are probably the Netscape/iPlanet server packages.

1. two Qs: netscape install & video ram

Hi,
I have ultra10 with solaris2.8. I have netscape install CD 1 & 2
(they have netscape logos on them).
1)How do i install Netscape from these CDs?.
2)What is the command to find out the amount of video ram?.

--
Sent by   from  yahoo piece  from com

2. solaris 10 x86

3. Two video cards: Two users?

4. Multiscan 15sfII distorting slightly during refresh

5. Is it possible to use two video cards and two monitors at once ?

6. Search engines don't find out virtual hosts

7. Two distros, two video cards.

8. setcontext/getcontext/makecontext for linux

9. Q: two video cards ; dual-headed video ; matrox millenium and hercules ; linux ; work in progress

10. Matrox Mystique ands X.

11. Two video cards/Two monitors

12. Two cards video and two monitors

13. two X displays, two video cards (?)