getsolpatch.sh

Post by Martin Pau » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 21:29:49

According to InfoDoc #82023 (*), automatic download of patches will only
be possible via wget; a sample script (getsolpatch.sh) is provided. Even
this script is described as "Please note this is not a formally supported
service". It has a few problems I'd like to report:

The getsolpatch.sh contains DOS line-breaks, so it won't run under Solaris
at all until it's been converted with dos2unix.

The script uses the --no-check-certificate of wget. This option was added
to the most recent version of wget only. Therefore, the wget which comes
with any Solaris version cannot be used, as it's too old.

All downloaded patches are automatically being tagged with either a .jar
or .zip extension. This completely ignores the fact that there are patches
in .tar and .tar.Z format. Trying to unzip such an incorrectly named file
will fail.

I'm also missing an option to download only the README file of a certain
patch, and not the complete patch.

(*) http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-9-82023-1

mp.
--
Systems Administrator | Institute of Scientific Computing | Univ. of Vienna
                      | http://www.par.univie.ac.at/solaris/pca/
Patch Check Advanced  | Analyze, download and install patches for Sun Solaris

1. Execute a sh script under perl and sh: sh script; perl script?

I can execute the following perl scripts under either shell or Perl
====

        if 0;
[perl scripts ...]
====
i.e.
sh script
perl script

How do I execute a sh script under either shell or Perl
simililar to what shown above?

Thanks.
--
Michael Wang

http://www.mindspring.com/~mwang

2. no echo, but no errors

3. root's shell, /sbin/sh, /bin/sh and /usr/ksh

4. Presentation projector driver?

5. #!/bin/sh #!/usr/bin/sh can I do both for 2 diff machines

6. Method of pursuing a Unix sysadmin career?

7. ASCII 128-255 in sh script: sh strips bit 7!!!

8. Getting physical addressing space for LAW

9. sh var -> awk var -> sh var

10. sh Xinstall.sh -check error

11. Any difference between /sbin/sh and /bin/sh?

12. Making a cd with makecdfs.sh burncd.sh

13. Hiding non-sh features from sh