Solaris 2.5, x86, cancelation of cond_wait will not unlock mutex

Solaris 2.5, x86, cancelation of cond_wait will not unlock mutex

Post by Arne Varho » Sat, 07 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I have started working with the Posix threads in 2.5 EA aug 95, the
cond_wait() function is a implicit cancelation point, but it will not
unlock the mutex if it is canceled. So I must set up a cancelation routine
only to unlock the mutex.
I can't find any reason for not unlocking the mutex at cancelation since
the thread is stopped and the mutex can't be unlocked by another thread.

Is this a bug, or is there a reason ?

Arne Varholm
NORCONTROL Systems a.s, Horten, Norway

1. FS: Solaris 2.5 Desktop (CDE) and/or Solaris 2.5 Server Packages for x86 desktops

 Hi All,

  Just wanted to pass on some excellent deals on Solaris 2.5.1 software with
the WABI user interface for x86 machines. The WABI allows you to run many
Windows 3.1 applications on a UNIX box, giving you the best of both worlds.
Imagine, running MS OFFICE components like, MS Word for Windows, Excel,
Powerpoint, and interfacing with the functionality of UNIX at the same time.

For a limited time, John Cristy, at Executive Tools, Inc.,
is offering:

  Solaris 2.5.1 User Desktop package for $175.00
  Solaris 2.5.1 Application Server package for $395.00

Ref URL http://www.etools.com for full information and additional products.

They also have a student special (99.00 + shipping)(yes, you read that
right, Solaris 2.5.1 user desktop for $99.00).

Mention my name, Bob Fahey, and he will throw in the Java Workshop for
$85.00. Mention my name anyway, as he wants to know what the response is to
this.
If asked where you heard this, tell them not just the web, but the Newsgroup
you read it on.  Thanks.

The Executive Tools web site URL http://www.etools.com also has some
excellent links to other Solaris and Sun information pages.

 Executive Tools is not associated with this posting, so, if you have any

 replies, good or bad!

--
//signed//

URL http://www.3lefties.com/users/faheyb.html
Famous quote by daughter Elizabeth, "If I was them cows, I'd run away!"

2. WebMail

3. how to install solaris 2.5 x86 to 2.5 gig WD HD

4. MANPATH

5. CD-ROM can not mounted under Solaris 2.5 x86

6. Run Answerbook on Sparc display on Linux???

7. Can not boot after install solaris x86(2.5 and 2.6) using AHA-1542CP.

8. security

9. Solaris 2.5 x86 not seeing all memory

10. lp problem with Solaris x86 2.5 (not with 2.4)

11. network interface hang with Solaris x86 2.5, not with 2.4

12. can I install ab Solaris 2.5 to Solaris 2.7 x86

13. PPP on Solaris 2.4 for Sparc, Matrox PCI Millenium Card under Solaris 2.5 x86