Need help installing java on a browser

Post by Marcel Timmerma » Sat, 14 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I want to activate java in netscape 3.0 browser. How do I do this and
how and where do you need to set the classpath and path of the Java
jdk.

In the systems being developed here, everything is coded in Java. There
are about 100 Java applications each running its own virtual machine.

I'm supposed to work with test and performance analysis of these systems
and I'm using tools that log system behaviour on process level.

The problem is that all I see is 100 processes named Java with some
small variations in command line parameters.

Is there a safe way to alter the process names either at startup or at
runtime ?
What could be the consequences of doing such a thing ?

//Hans Hagberg

2. S3 ViRGE Chipset under XFree86

3. (Fwd) Another Java security bug - ALL JAVA BROWSERS (fwd)

4. pppd mru negotiation makes pppd hang

5. Does the java browser plugin need libintl?

6. Failed to find the shared library when SUID is set?

7. Java Web Server/Hot Java browser???

8. Problems with "PerlRequire" Apache perl startup script

9. Installing java for konqeror browser

10. Help needed on installing Java

11. Need browser on server to install Netscape Enterprise

12. java/43949: Port java/jump should install jump.jar in shared jars dir

13. Make an Install-CD, Java 1.2 (java 2)