panic on SPARCstation LX

Post by Lauro Tera » Tue, 20 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Getting periodic 'panic' incidents causing the system to reboot.
Initially the swap space was believed to be the culprit --specially
since the system showed none upon issuing the 'swap -l' command.  After
adding about 100Mb of swap space, the incidents still occur.

The message in /var/adm/message is:

        "recursive mutex_enter. mutex fc0596b0 caller fc1b6fc0"

The incident has occurred while a zmodem (rz) retrieve is in progress.
It is not known wheter this is alway the case.

The rz macro is from Omen Technologies and it is version 3.07 and runs
under kermit 5A(190) for Solaris 2.x.

Any input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lauro Teran

panic on SPARCstation LX

Post by Sinan Kara » Fri, 23 Aug 1996 04:00:00

[...]

Quote:>The message in /var/adm/message is:

>    "recursive mutex_enter. mutex fc0596b0 caller fc1b6fc0"

>The incident has occurred while a zmodem (rz) retrieve is in progress.
>It is not known wheter this is alway the case.

Aha. Now it makes sense. I used to be able to do this
in Solaris 2.4 without patches. The way I had it occur was when
I was using a modem and then pressed Ctl-X to stop the scrolling,
and down it went. Seems like it was a bug in the serial driver.

Sinan

--
 Redistribution by Microsoft Network is prohibited.

panic on SPARCstation LX

Post by Sinan Kara » Sat, 24 Aug 1996 04:00:00

[....]

Quote:>I was using a modem and then pressed Ctl-X to stop the scrolling,

I mean Ctl-S. (S for Stop, Q for Quontinue...)

Quote:>and down it went. Seems like it was a bug in the serial driver.

>Sinan

>--
> Redistribution by Microsoft Network is prohibited.

--
 Redistribution by Microsoft Network is prohibited.

1. Installing 4GB harddisk to SPARCstation LX

I need help!

I have recently acquired a QUANTUM GrandPrix 4GB harddisk and intended to
attach it to my Sun SPARCstation LX. I found out that I could not attach
an external harddisk to the LX, and tried to install it as the internal
harddisk, but faced with some problems.

I have formatted the harddisk under Solaris 2.3, but the backup label
always give me a FATAL Error ...

at the console window, it get the following messages

Can anyone tell me what VTOC is?
How can I install this harddisk to the SPARCstation LX?

regards,
Choon Seng

2. (c)fdisk mess up FreeBSD slices

3. Trouble connecting PC monitor to sun Sparcstation LX

4. PPP question, re:pppd; really stuck...

5. sparcstation LX Watchdog Reset Data Access Exception

6. Adaptec MFM/RLL --> SCSI bridge board support

7. SparcStation LX & ISDN

8. Porting sound app from unix to win32

9. SPARCstation LX boot question

10. help net booting a SPARCstation LX

11. sparcstation LX wallpaper wanted

12. NIS(yp) on a Sparcstation LX running Solaris 2.2

13. Sparcstation LX Crash: Changed Display Resolution