Q: X11 R6.x Release on Solaris 7

Post by Lionel CHAILA » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

Does anyone can tell to me what is the X11 Release (6.x) fully compatible
with Solaris 7.
Thanks

Nb  : in fact, I'd like to know if Xprint extension is implemented in
Solaris 7 (it's a X11R6.3 extension).

Post by Alan Coopersmi » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>Does anyone can tell to me what is the X11 Release (6.x) fully compatible
>with Solaris 7.
>Nb  : in fact, I'd like to know if Xprint extension is implemented in
>Solaris 7 (it's a X11R6.3 extension).

Solaris 7 currently ships with X11R6.0.  Later versions of X11R6 from
the X Consortium/Open Group should be compatible with Solaris 7 (they
tested on earlier 2.x releases), but may not include the drivers for
your frame buffer (if you're on a Sparc - on x86, XFree86 is more likely
to support a given video card than Sun is).

Univ. of California at Berkeley         http://soar.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/