I have a HP Deskjet 680C and I can't get the enable feature to work.
Workaround: Use admintool to enable your printer.
Basically, start cde or openwin and:
1. In the terminal or console window type:
2. Goto the Browse Menu, then select Printers
3. Double Click on your printer
4. The following options should be checked:
oAccept Print Requests
oProcess Print Requests
5. Click Ok.
6. Exit admintool and you should be able to print without any
problems, provided you have setup ghostscript properly.
> I'm trying to print to my HP LJ 5L on my Solaris 2.6 x86 box. I
> followed the instructions at
> http://cfauvcs5.harvard.edu/SetGSprinter4Solaris.html, but get the
> following error when I type "enable hp5l" which is what I called my
> enable: no such hash table element: hp5l
> Any ideas?
> "I resigned because I have come to the conclusion that my time would be
> better spent studying Greek, drinking beer, and trying to prevent this
> school from becoming a clone of Northwestern." -- Ben Tievsky