printing woes

Post by Jonathan B. Leffer » Mon, 05 Apr 1999 05:00:00

I'm trying to print to my HP LJ 5L on my Solaris 2.6 x86 box.  I
followed the instructions at
http://cfauvcs5.harvard.edu/SetGSprinter4Solaris.html, but get the
following error when I type "enable hp5l" which is what I called my
printer.

enable: no such hash table element: hp5l

Any ideas?

Jonathan
--

"I resigned because I have come to the conclusion that my time would be
better spent studying Greek, drinking beer, and trying to prevent this

printing woes

Post by Ryan A. Krenzische » Mon, 05 Apr 1999 05:00:00

Jonathan-

I have a HP Deskjet 680C and I can't get the enable feature to work.
Workaround: Use admintool to enable your printer.

Basically, start cde or openwin and:

1. In the terminal or console window type:
admintool &
2. Goto the Browse Menu, then select Printers
3. Double Click on your printer
4. The following options should be checked:

    oDefault Printer
    oAccept Print Requests
    oProcess Print Requests
5. Click Ok.
6. Exit admintool and you should be able to print without any
 problems, provided you have setup ghostscript properly.

Ryan

> I'm trying to print to my HP LJ 5L on my Solaris 2.6 x86 box.  I
> followed the instructions at
> http://cfauvcs5.harvard.edu/SetGSprinter4Solaris.html, but get the
> following error when I type "enable hp5l" which is what I called my
> printer.

> enable: no such hash table element: hp5l

> Any ideas?

> Jonathan
> --

> "I resigned because I have come to the conclusion that my time would be
> better spent studying Greek, drinking beer, and trying to prevent this
> school from becoming a clone of Northwestern."  -- Ben Tievsky

  rkrenzis.vcf
< 1K Download

1. printing woes through samba - Messages Queued but no printing

I am running SAMBA 1.9.16p11 on LINUX 2.0.30 Slackware.

Windoze 95 workstations are printing through samba to the Linux
printer.  The printer is a TCP/IP printer on the LAN.

All seems fine, usually.  Once in a while jobs just stop printing.  They
get to the queue but nothing prints.  The only way to get things going
again is to cancel all the print jobs and kill the lpd and restart it.

Then things begin printing again.  Does anyone know why this would
happen?

TIA,

Jim Valavanis

  \   Kessler/Asher Group at     |   Whois: JV208                /
   \  the CBOE                   |   phone (312)786-4779        /
    ______  _______  _________       __        __       ______
   / ____/ /__  __/ /___  ___/      / /       / /      / ____/
  / /        / /       / /  _____  / /       / /      / /
 / /____  __/ /__     / /  /____/ / /_____  / /____  / /____
/______/ /______/    /_/         /_______/ /______/ /______/

2. is the kernel version included in a shared library???

3. Printing woes

4. How to ?

5. Printing Woes

6. Help me in installing SNNS under Slackware version of Linux

7. Printing woes - pls. help

8. sorry ... test

9. Printing Woes ... :-(

10. printing woes

11. Printing woes under Caldera OpenLinux 2.3

12. Printing Woes

13. More samba printing woes