X window in front when clicking but focus follow mouse!

X window in front when clicking but focus follow mouse!

Post by Michael Laajane » Sat, 14 Feb 2004 22:48:40

Hi,

I have a X windows question using CDE.

I use "OW-focus follow mouse style" and I prefer to not have the active
window in front BUT, I would like to have the active windows put in
front IF I click in the actice window, now I have to click on the border
of the window.

This behaviour is working on SUNs java desktop, and it is quite neat I
think.

/michael

Post by Markus Gyg » Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:23:17

>I use "OW-focus follow mouse style" and I prefer to not have the active
>window in front BUT, I would like to have the active windows put in
>front IF I click in the actice window, now I have to click on the border
>of the window.

Alt and middle mouse button (once or twice) might be a workaround...

Markus

X window in front when clicking but focus follow mouse!

Post by Michael Laajane » Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:41:42

HI,

>>I use "OW-focus follow mouse style" and I prefer to not have the active
>>window in front BUT, I would like to have the active windows put in
>>front IF I click in the actice window, now I have to click on the border
>>of the window.

> Alt and middle mouse button (once or twice) might be a workaround...

Thanks, but thats the same as using "front" on the keyboard.

/michael