vacation replies to wrong From address

Post by Roman Czyborr » Sat, 11 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> Unfortunately, I'm finding that the vacation program on a new Sun
> machine is sending replies to the underlying user specified in the
> very first line of the email envelope (the "From" line without a colon).

That's correct behaviour to send bounces to the envelope From.

Quote:> Normally, this wouldn't appear to be much of a problem, except that
> the incoming emails are being generated by a CGI program, and so
> all emails are identified by the same http daemon user, which is now
> receiving all of the auto-responses.  I want the prior functionality
> that I had with Linux; can anyone suggest an easy solution?

.procmailrc:

        :0c
        | formail -I"From " -a"From " -s vacation $USER

1. Wrong sender's return address when using vacation for auto-reply

Hi,

I've just set up vacation for usue as some of our people are going
away for a few weeks and I run into a problem.

When the system replies "User away, etc..." it adds the hostname to
the domain name in the user's email address..

Example:

Help, so little time is allowed to work on problems in this place..
I'm sure it must be a very easy switch in the sendmail conf files, if
you knwo it well, but I have no time to experiment too much. :(

Thank you much if you can help.

2. PuTTY keys/colours

3. Vacation replies to Mailer-Daemon & Postmaster

4. Warning unknown PCI device???

5. rlogin and telnet get address my address wrong

6. How to get CDE for linux

7. extracting addresses from .vacation.pag file

8. New: Error during compiling kernel (i2c.o)

9. sendmail - wrong reply to ?

10. Newbie question: Reply address woes

11. OS 5 mail reply address?

12. reply-to address in pine?