Using "nosuid" in the jumpstart PROFILE file

Using "nosuid" in the jumpstart PROFILE file

Post by edwi » Fri, 14 Sep 2001 04:50:57

Hi, guys ...

What is the correct way of enabling "nosuid" in the PROFILE file for
jumpstart use?

I have the following entries in my profile file, but the "nosuid"
mount option doesn't seems to get added in the /etc/vfstab file after
the jumpstart process.

==============
profile file
==============
install_type    initial_install
system_type     server
usedisk         c0t0d0
boot_device     c0t0d0s0 update
partitioning    explicit
cluster         SUNWCXall
isa_bits        64
filesys         c0t0d0s0 1:1740 /
filesys         c0t0d0s1 4000 swap
filesys         c0t0d0s7 1500 /usr/centers nosuid

I have a Solaris 8 04/01 jumpstart server and I am jumpstarting a SUN
E250 with Solaris 8 04/01 Release image.

Am I doing it correctly or not?  Any information you can extend to me
would be greatly appreciated.  I can actually just update my finish
script to update the /etc/vfstab file with the "nosuid" entry - but I
wanted to use the one explained in the SUN's Jumpstart Guide using the
Profile file.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Edwin M. Manalo
UNIX Administrator