STL map problem on sunOS 5.7, not on sunOS 5.8

STL map problem on sunOS 5.7, not on sunOS 5.8

Post by James Bordl » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:10:23

I am experiencing a problem in which a hang is occurring while trying
to find a key in a stl map (it is never reaching the null at the end
of the map). When I run the code on a sparc machine with version 5.8
it runs fine. When I run it on 5.7 a hang occurrs. It does not matter
which version I compile on. Has anyone experienced anything like this,
or have any suggestions.

STL map problem on sunOS 5.7, not on sunOS 5.8

Post by -wisegu » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:53:42

Quote:> I am experiencing a problem in which a hang is occurring while trying
> to find a key in a stl map (it is never reaching the null at the end
> of the map). When I run the code on a sparc machine with version 5.8
> it runs fine. When I run it on 5.7 a hang occurrs. It does not matter
> which version I compile on. Has anyone experienced anything like this,
> or have any suggestions.

I'd be more inclined to suspect programming error than a bug in the STL.

maybe post the algorithm if it isn't too lengthy.

--
-- Rob Prowel (A.K.A. da wiseguy)

Post by Nithyanandham » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 20:49:40

> I am experiencing a problem in which a hang is occurring while trying
> to find a key in a stl map (it is never reaching the null at the end
> of the map). When I run the code on a sparc machine with version 5.8
> it runs fine. When I run it on 5.7 a hang occurrs. It does not matter
> which version I compile on. Has anyone experienced anything like this,
> or have any suggestions.

I guess the most probable cause of this error should be in your code
only.
What is the data type of the 'key' and 'value' ?
Just make sure that the key is not a constant.
Also, if a key is a 'char*' data type, have you defined a predicate for
the map ?

Or, better, post your code here!

--

Nithyanand.
Siemens, Bangalore, India.

STL map problem on sunOS 5.7, not on sunOS 5.8

Post by James Bordl » Fri, 25 Oct 2002 05:18:14

I updated to the latest patch cluster from sunsolve.sun.com and this
problem went away.

1. SunOS 5.7/5.8 and utime failure

We have a product that builds binary patch files. In this process, it
is necessary to store a file's modification time in order to update
the target's modification time when the patch is applied. We have
recently seen a situation where the development machine's copy of the
files had an advanced modification time (year 2076, apparently due to
a network transfer from a Windows box to the Unix share).

As a result of this, when the software applies the patch file, it is
attempting to set a file's modification time, via utime, to this very
late date. When done locally, it works, but if the target file resides
remotely, utime produces errno 79: Value too large. Not surprising,
but we have been informed that it only occurs on SunOS 5.7/5.8, and
then, only if the file is remotely located.

I would appreciate any insight as to why this is happening - I have
been unsuccessful in locating an explanation. Our customer, quite
understandably, would like to know why this happens in one scenario,
but not another.

Thanks,

Tony O-
http://www.rtpatch.com

2. tn5250

3. https not working as root on SunOS 5.7(any port number)

4. email

5. SunOS 5.7 not allowing Apache to bind to 80

6. Process size and runtime

7. Makefile does not work while ftping from HP-UX 11 to SunOS 5.7

8. Fonts degrade in accelX

9. SunOS 5.7: Rebooting Problem

10. Problem playing audio on SunOS 5.8

11. SunOS 5.7 Sendmail Problem

12. SunOS 5.8 OpenSSL problem

13. URGENT: Problem With CDE 1.3 Screen Locking Feature (SunOS 5.7)...