SunPCI II - blue screen when installing XP

SunPCI II - blue screen when installing XP

Post by Benjamin Mille » Sat, 24 Apr 2004 15:39:47

I have a SunPCI IIpro (733 MHz) in an Ultra 30 with Solaris 9.  When I
try to install Windows XP, the SunPCI boots up fine and goes through
copying the files from the CD; but when it reboots, it gives a blue
screen before getting to the graphical installer.  The blue screen gives
a "STOP: 0x0000007E" error and refers to sunbrdge.sys (I can copy down
the rest of the error message if it would be useful).  Has anyone else
seen this problem and been able to resolve it?  I've read the totally
unhelpful articles on Microsoft's support site that mention a blue
screen in the installer.  Is it possible that my SunPCI card is bad?
That would seem strange, since it boots up to DOS just fine.
Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
-Ben Miller

1. SunPCI II with Windows XP

Hello everyone,

I just installed Windows XP with Sun PCi II.
I have been using the Sun PCi II with Windows 98 SE and found it very
convenient.

However, some programs I would like to use require Windows XP. So, I decided
to install the XP (Professional).

Well, what I have noticed is screen refresh / cursor is *very* slow.
I found several people have reported similar problems.

Something I don't understand is I don't have such problem while I'm using
Windows 98 SE. Is this because Micro$oft Windows XP requires *outrageous*
CPU power / disk accesses? Or is there something I can do about it?

I'm using the latest version of Sun PCi software (2.3.2) with Solaris 8.

Any comments, any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Aki Niimura

2. Looking for NFS benchmarking tools

3. cdrom Install hangs- SCO Blue screen blues

4. mount options for vfat

5. booting windows xp instead of the linux causes a blue screen

6. HELP Needed: Unable to compile a simple c program under Slackware 3.0,

7. SunPCi II pro card / risky to install patch on Solaris 10?

8. Course of English (computer terminology)?

9. Has anyone installed regular RAM in a SunPCi II 600MHz card?

10. blue screen with error when trying to install RH 8.0

11. Blue screen on 8.0 Install

12. Blue screen stop after installing iomegaware

13. Windows XP on SunPCi IIpro?