Tips for a newbie getting ready to install 10 on a used Toshiba 1415-115s?

Tips for a newbie getting ready to install 10 on a used Toshiba 1415-115s?

Post by paul » Sat, 11 Feb 2006 05:35:01

Limited experience on installing solaris. Will I run into major issues
from the start or if I give it default values will I likely get it to
install on the first try?

Planning to reinstall a fresh copy of Xp on the first half of the 30
gig drive, then go for the solaris install.

Post by Geoff Lan » Sat, 11 Feb 2006 05:49:35

> Limited experience on installing solaris. Will I run into major issues
> from the start or if I give it default values will I likely get it to
> install on the first try?

Go for a "developer" install the first time.  It seems that lots of first
time installers select a "core" install and wonder why there are no
compilers etc :-)

--
Geoff Lane

If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick first.