Solaris 2.6 Recommended Patch Cluster

Post by Jake Anderso » Tue, 03 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I'm having trouble with a Sun Enterprise 250 running Solaris 2.6 and
the current (new as of July 29th) recommended patch cluster.

I installed Solaris 2.6 Core OS plus:
            Terminal Definitions
            System Accounting
            IPC

Then I dropped to init S and installed the patch cluster. When I
rebooted I had the following error:

    Rebooting with command: boot
    Boot device: disk  File and args:
    not found: set_platform_tsb_spares
    krtld: error during initial load/link phase
    Fast Instruction Access MMU Miss

I did it all again from scratch and got the same problem. I tried it
with the "End User" install and still got the same problem.

Has anyone had any experience with this patch cluster?

Thanks,
Jake

Solaris 2.6 Recommended Patch Cluster

Post by Ken May » Wed, 04 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I installed the Recommended patch without a problem. You have
Solaris 2.6 (Rev 5/98)?? I installed both the Recommended and Y2K
patches and they ran fine. I also use showrev -p and patchdiag (.xref).

As for your problem, ftp the files down and make you see all of the
folders dearchive. Then, after it patches (takes about a good hour for
everything) everything check your patch log files in the var/sadmin
directory. Should work if you got the permissions right and the hard drive
space.

I got into porting the files down, unzip to tar.Z with WinZip (Win95/NT),
porting it over the Sun box and then zcat them. There are many methods of
doing this but I found it a simple way if I didn't have gunzip/gzip
available.

Quote:> I'm having trouble with a Sun Enterprise 250 running Solaris 2.6 and
> the current (new as of July 29th) recommended patch cluster.

> I installed Solaris 2.6 Core OS plus:
>     Terminal Definitions
>     System Accounting
>     IPC

> Then I dropped to init S and installed the patch cluster. When I
> rebooted I had the following error:

>     Rebooting with command: boot
>     Boot device: disk  File and args:
>     not found: set_platform_tsb_spares
>     krtld: error during initial load/link phase
>     Fast Instruction Access MMU Miss

> I did it all again from scratch and got the same problem. I tried it
> with the "End User" install and still got the same problem.

> Has anyone had any experience with this patch cluster?

> Thanks,
> Jake

Solaris 2.6 Recommended Patch Cluster

Post by D.A. Muran-de Asseret » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Just went thru this mess yesterday. You must have 2.6 HW 5/98 or later to
work on an E250.
After that, you should be able to install the E350-specific patches from the
CD that accompanied the HW and then the recommended patch cluster.

Dave Muran-de Assereto