Can't go out internet

Post by ckwon » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 01:16:31

Dear All,

After I established the PPP and see the ifconfig and netstat have the
dynamic IP assigned as the default route. However, I can't still go internet
test by ping or ftp etc. Why ? Futhermore, my PC has ethernet connection for
intranet so it should be multi-homed but how to define it ? Not only that I
don't want my machine exchange the packet between these two network
interfaces.
Can anyone help me ? Thanks.

CK wong

Can't go out internet

Post by Dave Uhrin » Mon, 26 Nov 2001 04:53:42

> Dear All,

> After I established the PPP and see the ifconfig and netstat have the
> dynamic IP assigned as the default route. However, I can't still go
> internet test by ping or ftp etc. Why ? Futhermore, my PC has ethernet
> connection for intranet so it should be multi-homed but how to define
> it ? Not only that I don't want my machine exchange the packet between
> these two network interfaces.
> Can anyone help me ? Thanks.

> CK wong

The IP address assigned to you by your ISP is not your default route.
The ISP has a default route address and you must get it from them and
place that address in /etc/defaultrouter

1. Can apache/stronghold log when a user 'click outs' of your site?

If I have a link to a URL on another server, can I log when a user
clicks this link? (sort of like HTTP_REFERRER, but the inverse)

Example:

My site is www.A.com and I have a link to www.B.com along with
www.C.com, www.D.com, etc... I want to know if a user clicks on any of
these links.

Is this possible?

Thanks greatly,
Chuck

2. Web based email program?

3. It's not bad canned meat...

4. Apache memory hug problem

5. Barring login as linux 1

6. Help Internet network cannot go to INternet

7. Pronounce "Linux"

8. local network no Internet PC firewall go to Internet

9. Redhat 5.2 - Can't Get Internet Access Going

10. Going, going, going, GONE! Bye Windows!

11. Apache 1.3.9 time outs don't work on SPARC Solaris

12. XF86Config: 'EarlySC','BlankDelay' options gone?