White space in grep command.

Post by Franci » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi gurus,
    How do I append a white space to a grep command in script ?? The
white space seem to work in command line, but not in script, ie grep
"xxx  " filename.

    Script is written in C-shell.

    Thanks.

Regards,
Francis.

White space in grep command.

Post by Nicholas Drone » Wed, 29 Nov 2000 15:10:15

Quote:> Hi gurus,
>    How do I append a white space to a grep command in script ?? The
> white space seem to work in command line, but not in script, ie grep
> "xxx  " filename.
>    Script is written in C-shell.

FYI.

http://gonzo.tamu.edu/csh.whynot.html

White space in grep command.

Post by Barry Margoli » Wed, 29 Nov 2000 04:00:00

>Hi gurus,
>    How do I append a white space to a grep command in script ?? The
>white space seem to work in command line, but not in script, ie grep
>"xxx  " filename.

That should work in the script.  Can you post the actual script?

--

Genuity, Burlington, MA