Sunos 4.1.4 lp

Post by Chris Alga » Sat, 10 Oct 1998 04:00:00

can anyone help in solving a disagreement?

I am runnning a print server Sunos 4.1.4, one of the printers is the other
side of a firewall.
/etc/services contins the line :

printer        515/tcp        spooler        # line printer spooler

So I say that I am printing on 515 for all printers.
Port 515 is not listening on the firewall and I can't print to the printer
on the other side.
I can print locally. The admin for the firewall says it hasn't changed, yet
I could print fine last week.

can I acurately say that this can not be true?

1. SunOS lpr to Solaris lp

Hi folks,

maybe this is a FAQ but cannot find it...

We have an HP 5si printer installed on the network connected to a
Solaris 2.4 machine. The 5si has *MANY* options, like a paper
sorting bin etc.. Through the lp options we can choose the paper
bin etc.

Software is HP JetAdmin D01.09.

Now we want to print through the Solaris spooler from a SunOS
machine. We *CAN* print remote, no problem. But we *CANNOT* use
the additional options because these are not transfered to the
Solaris printer.

Any idea?

Thanks
Meinhard

2. Help on Multicast Routing

3. Urgent: lp Filter on SunOS 5.6

4. win to linux to irc server prob

5. lp print utility for SUNOS 4.1.4 ???

6. java/46269: ports/java: jdk 1.3.1 p7 fails to build with gcc optimization for k6

7. Urgent: SunOS 5.6 LP Filter

8. Problem with date command

9. Passing lp options from SunOS and Solaris clients through a Solaris 2.6 spooler.

10. Urgent: Remote LP to SunOS 5.6

11. Urgent: lp Filter on SunOS 5.6

12. lp(1) suid to lp-Secure files fail.

13. #$%@! lp:Solaris remote lp failing