clone a machine

Post by ric » Sun, 25 May 2003 23:39:49

Dear all,

I want to know how to clone a OS to mult-machines(for fast install purpose).
And can I do it in one script? Are there any script provided?

Best Regards
Eric Wong

clone a machine

Post by Raf LaPiet » Mon, 26 May 2003 03:24:16

>Dear all,

>I want to know how to clone a OS to mult-machines(for fast install purpose).
>And can I do it in one script? Are there any script provided?

>Best Regards
>Eric Wong

If you are using a later version of Solaris 8 or Solaris 9, man flarcreate

-Raf

clone a machine

Post by ultraspa.. » Mon, 26 May 2003 07:08:42

Quote:>I want to know how to clone a OS to mult-machines(for fast install purpose).
>And can I do it in one script? Are there any script provided?

search for flarcreate on docs.sun.com.

clone a machine

Post by Matt » Wed, 28 May 2003 03:24:47

>>I want to know how to clone a OS to mult-machines(for fast install purpose).
>>And can I do it in one script? Are there any script provided?

> search for flarcreate on docs.sun.com.

You could also use disksuite mirrors and sysunconfig if the
machine is also built. Flash archives sound like the best
option though.

clone a machine

Post by Rob Kouwenbe » Thu, 29 May 2003 07:11:55

> I want to know how to clone a OS to mult-machines(for fast install purpose).
> And can I do it in one script? Are there any script provided?

Hi !

been there, done that. See :
ufsdump
ufsrestore
hdformat
install boot block

The commands are about 20 lines ..

Works only on identical hardware (including pci cards & such ..)

clone a machine

Post by Crai » Fri, 30 May 2003 11:09:50

Flash archive works pretty well...

> > I want to know how to clone a OS to mult-machines(for fast install
purpose).
> > And can I do it in one script? Are there any script provided?

> Hi !

> been there, done that. See :
> ufsdump
> ufsrestore
> hdformat
> install boot block

> The commands are about 20 lines ..

> Works only on identical hardware (including pci cards & such ..)

1. Best way to clone a machine

Hi All,

I am currently running an rs/6000 7012-340 that has 2 2GB hard drives and an
external 1/4 inch tape drive.  I am about out of disk space and need to move
everything to a new machine.  I have come up with a 7043-140 with 2 9 GB
drives and a 4mm internal tape.  The old box is running 4.3.3 and I have a
fresh install of the same on the new box.  What I need to do is move
everything onto the new machine and put it into production.  So my question
is what is the best/easiest way to accomplish this task?

My knowledge and experience with NFS is limited, but it looks like I could
use the tape drive on the new box as a destination for a system image of the
old box, then restore the system image on the new.  Is this possible, or is
there a better way to do this (even just a straight copy of all the files
over the network)?

Any insight and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

2. Isolating mic from speaker via soundcard.

3. Cloning FreeBSD machines

4. No symbols found in nvidia_drv.o

5. Clone Solaris Machines

6. AHA-2940 and the EZ 135

7. FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE on a machine with two ISA AT/LANTIC NE2000 clones

8. partition question?

9. Cloning a PCI machine to MCA

10. dhcpd and cloned Machines

11. Cloning SCO Machines

12. suggestions for cloning / setting up (many) machines

13. Cloning Linux Machine Help