fvwm2 question

Post by Christi » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:49:28

Hi ng,

I'm using SunOS 5.8 via Exceed. How can I determine in my .profile
that fvwm2 is already in charge ( might have been started from
different machine, so ps does not help )?

TIA
Christian

fvwm2 question

Post by Dan Espe » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 23:15:01

> Hi ng,

> I'm using SunOS 5.8 via Exceed. How can I determine in my .profile
> that fvwm2 is already in charge ( might have been started from
> different machine, so ps does not help )?

One way is to just try to start fvwm. it will tell you another
WM is already running.

fvwm2 question

Post by Will Renk » Mon, 17 Feb 2003 02:01:04

        >> Hi ng,
        >>
        >> I'm using SunOS 5.8 via Exceed. How can I determine in my .profile
        >> that fvwm2 is already in charge ( might have been started from
        >> different machine, so ps does not help )?
        >
        >One way is to just try to start fvwm. it will tell you another
        >WM is already running.

Ckout xdpyinfo command - strings re vendor

 Will Renkel
 Wheaton, Ill.

GO - AMERICA - GO!!!!

fvwm2 question

Post by Dan Espe » Mon, 17 Feb 2003 06:29:58

>    >> Hi ng,

>    >> I'm using SunOS 5.8 via Exceed. How can I determine in my .profile
>    >> that fvwm2 is already in charge ( might have been started from
>    >> different machine, so ps does not help )?

>    >One way is to just try to start fvwm. it will tell you another
>    >WM is already running.

> Ckout xdpyinfo command - strings re vendor

That will tell you Exceed is running, it won't tell you anything about
Fvwm.

1. fvwm2 question?

I'm not sur if this is the best place for this post, but I've bee running
the fvwm2 on both my FreeBSD machine (with much joy - running fvwm version
1.24r) and on my cygwin/wink2 laptop (with not as much joy -running 2.4.7)
and have been noticing some small differences between the versions. In
version 1.24r when he mouse "touches" the bottom of the screen the screen
"jumps" to the desktop adjacent to that side of the screen, on the 2.4.7
version, the desktop scrolls around (which I really don't like). Is there a
way to turn off the scroll/jumping feature as I'm running the 2.4.7 version
on a laptop and it gets really annoying.

Thanks,
Jeff.

--
Jeff D. Hamann
Hamann, Donald & Associates, Inc.

www.hamanndonald.com

2. I cannot run /bin/insmod: No such file or directory

3. Fvwm2 questions

4. help with Sun SPARCstation LX and logging in...

5. FVWM2 questions!

6. Blaster Banshee AGP and Linux

7. fvwm2 question

8. SLS probs