krtld: [ID 469452 kern.info] NOTICE: socal: 64-bit driver module not found

krtld: [ID 469452 kern.info] NOTICE: socal: 64-bit driver module not found

Post by noon » Sat, 03 Jul 2004 14:34:22

Does anybody know what this actually mean ?

I installed the latest ( as of a week ago ) recommended Sun cluster patch for Solaris8.

Post by McBof » Sat, 03 Jul 2004 21:54:59

> Does anybody know what this actually mean ?

yes ;)

Quote:> I installed the latest ( as of a week ago ) recommended Sun cluster
> patch for Solaris8.

It means that you've patched your system, but you don't have the
64bit version of the socal driver module installed. I would ensure
that you do actually have it installed, and then check that the
patch for it is correctly installed as well.

brgds,
mcbofh

1. unix: NOTICE: soc: 64-bit driver module not found

Hi

I received the following error message in /var/adm/messages:

unix: NOTICE: socal: 64-bit driver module not found
unix: NOTICE: sf: 64-bit driver module not found
unix: NOTICE: soc: 64-bit driver module not found
unix: NOTICE: pln: 64-bit driver module not found
unix: NOTICE: ssd: 64-bit driver module not found

I read the faq. Does section 5.39 apply?

I looked at sunsolve and the following bug is registered with no
workaround:

Bug Id: 4209144

Here is the output of isainfo -v:

64-bit sparcv9 applications
32-bit sparc applications

This is my first day on the job and I inherited this server with no
backups or docs on how it was built. The server went down today due to a
bad scsi cable. The bad cable put the scsi chain in a bad way and
screwed up the boot disk. I had to do the following:

- fsck the root drive this blew away the following files:

      o /etc/name_to_system
      o /etc/magic
      o /etc/format.dat
      o /etc/wtmpx

- I booted from cdrom and copied the files back to the install disk from
cdrom (also created a symlink for wtmpx). This brought the system back
up and no data was lost. I don't know if the stuff in /var/adm/messages
was there in previous reboots (again my first day and box has was up for
so long that the logs rolled with the last reboot).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

JIM

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Getting up-to-date load

3. "md_mirror: [ID 583962 kern.notice] NOTICE: Could not clean resync regions"

4. tweaking XF86Config for Microlex monitor (newbie needs a hand)

5. 64-bit driver module not found

6. logrotate on Solaris 8

7. May 23 10:50:05 mwsbit04 pseudo: [ID 129642 kern.info] pseudo-device: devinfo0

8. dtmail on Solaris 2.6 and IMAP

9. Where to find info on 64-bit cards

10. How 32 bit driver can be ported to 64 bit driver?

11. HALstation (64-bit processor running 64-bit Solaris) as webserver

12. IBM announces 64-bit mainframes and 64-bit Linux for S/390

13. How can one find the OS is 32-bit or 64-bit ?