New update to Scripts website for UNIX OS' and browsers

New update to Scripts website for UNIX OS' and browsers

Post by jame » Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:08:21



Hello,

http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts/index.htm

Just a quick note to all the people that requested an update to our site.

The site is now in two versions - hi-res and lo-res.  If you use a browser
such as Lynx or if you use a UNIX based OS, you may have problems using the
site.  If you now click on the lo-res lik, you will see everything as it
should be and you will have no problems using the excellent scripts on our
site.

http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts/index.htm

Many thanks

James Welch
Sandyx Systems
0161 610 7701
http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk
Visit our popular script archive at : http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts

 
 
 

New update to Scripts website for UNIX OS' and browsers

Post by killahert » Tue, 22 Jan 2002 22:35:00


[....]

James,

Cool site, although don't you think it's a bit much giving yourself 5 stars for
your own script.......

Only kiddin'

 
 
 

New update to Scripts website for UNIX OS' and browsers

Post by jame » Tue, 22 Jan 2002 23:27:05


hello !!

i know - its slightly vain, i must admit !!!  but we gave it 5 stars because
we have had thousands of people taking the script from the site.  its our
most popular script by far.

have you used it yourself??  its a good script - ad you can add your own
bits to the menu - bits that relate to your business for example.  the
script is used by many businesses around the world.  we know that its used
in officially the 4th largest branded name company in the world (well, their
UK branch!).

thanks for your comments though, killahertz.

James


Quote:> [....]

> James,

> Cool site, although don't you think it's a bit much giving yourself 5
stars for
> your own script.......

> Only kiddin'

 
 
 

New update to Scripts website for UNIX OS' and browsers

Post by Philip Bro » Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:20:42



>...
>The site is now in two versions - hi-res and lo-res.  If you use a browser
>such as Lynx or if you use a UNIX based OS, you may have problems using the
>site.  If you now click on the lo-res lik, you will see everything as it
>should be and you will have no problems using the excellent scripts on our
>site.

>http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts/index.htm

Congratulations on choosing to try to do the right thing.

An additional suggestion for the "low-res" site:

You can get away with doing a simple two-column table.
Rather than just

   Scripts

  scripts/code/awkcol.txt
  scripts/code/bdpjobs.txt

You can table it to look like

  Scripts

  scripts/code/awkcol.txt       Description here
  scripts/code/bdpjobs.txt      Description here

Some text browsers that handle tables, will display it nicely.
Browsers that do NOT handle tables, will worst case display it as

  scripts/code/awkcol.txt
  Description here
  scripts/code/bdpjobs.txt
  Description here

Sometimes if the line is short enough, it will still display it as

  scripts/code/awkcol.txt       Description here

The trick is to make sure any single total line in a table will fit into
80 columns.

--
[Trim the no-bots from my address to reply to me by email!]
[ Do NOT email-CC me on posts. Pick one or the other.]

http://www.spamlaws.com/state/ca1.html

 
 
 

New update to Scripts website for UNIX OS' and browsers

Post by jame » Thu, 24 Jan 2002 00:37:31


note taken down

ill do that as soon as i can

many thanks



> >...
> >The site is now in two versions - hi-res and lo-res.  If you use a
browser
> >such as Lynx or if you use a UNIX based OS, you may have problems using
the
> >site.  If you now click on the lo-res lik, you will see everything as it
> >should be and you will have no problems using the excellent scripts on
our
> >site.

> >http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts/index.htm

> Congratulations on choosing to try to do the right thing.

> An additional suggestion for the "low-res" site:

> You can get away with doing a simple two-column table.
> Rather than just

>    Scripts

>   scripts/code/awkcol.txt
>   scripts/code/bdpjobs.txt

> You can table it to look like

>   Scripts

>   scripts/code/awkcol.txt       Description here
>   scripts/code/bdpjobs.txt      Description here

> Some text browsers that handle tables, will display it nicely.
> Browsers that do NOT handle tables, will worst case display it as

>   scripts/code/awkcol.txt
>   Description here
>   scripts/code/bdpjobs.txt
>   Description here

> Sometimes if the line is short enough, it will still display it as

>   scripts/code/awkcol.txt       Description here

> The trick is to make sure any single total line in a table will fit into
> 80 columns.

> --
> [Trim the no-bots from my address to reply to me by email!]
> [ Do NOT email-CC me on posts. Pick one or the other.]

> http://www.spamlaws.com/state/ca1.html

 
 
 

1. New update to scripts site for UNIX OS and browsers

Hello,

http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts/index.htm

Just a quick note to all the people that requested an update to our site.

The site is now in two versions - hi-res and lo-res.  If you use a browser
such as Lynx or if you use a UNIX based OS, you may have problems using the
site.  If you now click on the lo-res lik, you will see everything as it
should be and you will have no problems using the excellent scripts on our
site.

http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts/index.htm

Many thanks

James Welch
Sandyx Systems
0161 610 7701
http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk
Visit our popular script archive at : http://www.sandyxsystems.co.uk/scripts

2. cannot mount 3.5"cdrw

3. New update to scripts site for UNIX OS and alternative browsers

4. Business survey information needed

5. Scripts. New option for UNIX browsers - No Javascript.

6. Ip masquerade problem (apache & wu.ftpd)

7. 'uname' is not updated after installing new '2.4.20' kernel??

8. problems with sound

9. New US Robotics modem won't dial; browser won't find web pages

10. 'Project Magic' - your way to a new Linux browser

11. Sun's new patch policy for Solaris 10 'software updates'!

12. Lots of FREE UNIX and Solaris Scripts - And Website resources too !!!!!!!!!