'rlogin' problem

Post by Mike Jackma » Wed, 08 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I've been using 'rlogin' to connect a sun-sparc station to another
machine. 'Open Windows' creates a window in wich I can communicate with
the other machine but if it is left idle for more than a few minutes the
window closes down.

Is there anyway I can stop this ?

Cheers, Mike.

p.s.  Please reply via email as well as usenet.

1. My linux refuses 'rlogin' 'telnet' what is the problem??

Hi,

I upgraded my Linux to the latest Debian and suddenly
my rlogin and telnet give errors saying, connection
refused.

Can anybody tell me what happens when you try to
connect to a Linux with rlogin, telnet?

What config, or program do I have to look at?

#_________________________________________________________________________
# Name          : Jong

# Perl/Tk       :  http://w4.lns.cornell.edu/~pvhp/ptk/ptkPORT.html
# Perl/OpenGL   :  http://www.arc.ab.ca/vr/opengl/
# Perl          :  http://www.perl.com/perl/index.html
# Perl Win32    :  http://www.perl.hip.com/
# Debian Linux  :  http://www.debian.org/
# Biomatics Lab :  http://sonja.acad.cai.cam.ac.uk/
#
# PERL         : Also stands for Protein Engineering Research Language
# Linux        : Also stands for Leading Inter Net UniX
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. USB Scanner, SANE Troubles

3. Problem in getting screen size when 'rlogin' and 'telnet'

4. big problem with 3c905b...

5. 'w' shows '-' if telnet or rlogin to linux box

6. Crack 2000

7. Will changing IP address affect 'rlogin'/'telnet'?

8. Solaris9..Apache startup problem

9. 'su' and 'rlogin' wierdness under 2.6 ...

10. rlogin fails : can't resolve symbol '__xstat'

11. Simple 'sed', 'awk', 'cut' problem

12. Help: problems with 'w', 'who' and 'last'

13. : How does 'rlogin' copy terminal size to remote system ?