Solstice - sun - nfs - HELP

Post by Ga?l Sainso » Sat, 08 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I'm using Solstice nfs (server) on windows NT. I can access all shared
resources from my unix (AIX) stations.  All rights are rwxrwxrwx (see on
the aix station) and 'every one all access' on NT station.
Despite of it, I can read and write without any probleme but I can't
execute anything on the shared resource. (I must copy the executable file
on the local file-system when I want to execute it).

Thanks for any help.

Solstice - sun - nfs - HELP

Post by Robert Thurl » Sun, 09 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>I'm using Solstice nfs (server) on windows NT. I can access all shared
>resources from my unix (AIX) stations.  All rights are rwxrwxrwx (see on
>the aix station) and 'every one all access' on NT station.
>Despite of it, I can read and write without any probleme but I can't
>execute anything on the shared resource. (I must copy the executable file
>on the local file-system when I want to execute it).

In your scenario, the Solstice NFS server only stores the bits and
remembers the permissions; it's the AIX client that must decide
whether to allow execute permission.  You would need to examine
your AIX manuals to see what mount options can affect this, perhaps
named "exec" or "suid", and then see about applying them to the
mount you're using.

Rob T
--

There was something fishy about the butler.  I think he was a Pisces,
probably working for scale.             -- Nick Danger, Third Eye

1. Solstice - sun - nfs - HELP

I'm using Solstice nfs (server) on windows NT. I can access all shared
resources from my unix (AIX) stations.  All rights are rwxrwxrwx (see on
the aix station) and 'every one all access' on NT station.
Despite of it, I can read and write without any probleme but I can't
execute anything on the shared resource. (I must copy the executable file
on the local file-system when I want to execute it).

Thanks for any help.

2. will write a unix domain socket block?

3. SUN WEBSERVER 1.0 AND SOLSTICE NFS 3.1

4. Thread and non-thread

5. Authentication and SUN solstice NFS-client 3.1

6. Pb with Tekram DC-395UW

7. Sun Solstice NFS 3.1+: NT Domain Controller Functionality

8. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (1/7) [Frequent posting]

9. help with Sun's Solstice Enterprise Agent SDK

10. NFS mounting from Sun + rcp to Sun

11. Netware NFS <-> (Sun) NFS & NIS

12. Wierd AIX/NFS client, Sun/NFS server problem

13. Sun 3/50 can't be NFS mounted by non-Sun Unix host