I have an Archive Python 28388 tape backup that works perfectly well
under NT4 (sorry...) on a no-name PC, SCSI card Adaptec AHA-1510.
I want to move it to a Solaris machine but I can't make it work. Here
- The Manufacturer label in the tape says:
Conner 4004R-S/4324RP (manufactured in 1995).
- The SCSI INQUIRY string displayed by a (OK prompt) probe-scsi is:
Archive Python 28388-XXX5.45
- The Solaris SCSI tape configuration file at
says that an Archive Python 28388 is "officially supported".
- I've tried this tape in a:
- SparcStation 20 running Solaris 8
- SparcStation 2 running Solaris 7
It can't read perfectly good Solaris tar tapes created elsewhere. The
# tar tv
tar: tape read error
# tar cv /etc
tar: tape write error
# mt status
mt: no tape loaded or device offline
I've tried "rm /dev/rmt/*" and then "OK> boot -r" several times with
different DIP switch settings but it simply refuses to work. Cables and
terminator are OK.