Solaris7 Netscape & answerbooks on Intel

Solaris7 Netscape & answerbooks on Intel

Post by Thomas Somme » Fri, 18 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I have problems to start the answerbooks since the installation of
Netscape on my system. Nothing happens when I try to start the
answerbooks. It seems to me that Solaris don't know the default
webbrowser (which should be Netscape now). The same happens if I click
(in filemanager) on a HTML document, the system try to start something
but at the end ==> nothing.

What can I do??

Thanks

Thomas

1. StarOffice & AnswerBook won't work after installing Netscape

Hi all. :-)

I am new to Solaris.
My installation of the x86 Solaris 7 was a VERY smooth ride. :-)

After I installed the OS, I installed the AnswerBook which was on the
Solaris Doc CD.
I then install the StarOffice 5.0

Every thing is working so far, but I wanted to use Netscape to view the
AnswerBook, so I installed the Netscape Communicator 4.5 (via the
WebStart). After I restarted the computer, and...

BOOM!!!

The AnswerBook doesn't work now (can't load it some how, I think). Also
my StarOffice couldn't start as well. But Netscape works good.

So I uninstalled the Netscape, and everything back to normal (they all
worked again). :-)

I *can* live without Netscape, but since I used to it, and want to keep
using it. I'm looking for a way to make Netscape work *peacefully* with
StarOffice 5.0 and AnswerBook under Solaris 7. Could anyone please,
please help me?

Thank you soo much!

Edward

2. Newbie needs book recommendations

3. Netscape 4.5 & anwerbook2 on Solaris7

4. Sendmail config question

5. Intel & Netscape back Linux

6. ipmasqadm - how to use it??

7. Need Help Configuring NIC on Solaris7 for Intel

8. pcm works, but cdplayer failed.

9. set full duplex 100M in Solaris7 of Intel

10. Opinions/Experiences with Solaris7/Intel (wrt Linux 2.2)?

11. Solaris7/intel/Partitioned Hard Drive

12. Opinions/Experiences with Solaris7/Intel (wrt Linux 2.2)?

13. Solaris7 intel ports