NT printing

Post by Dave Zarnoc » Sun, 03 Sep 2000 00:02:07

Folks,

I am trying to print to a Windows NT host that has a local
printer assigned.

I try to use admintool, but it comes back with
"add remote printer failed"

I have added a printer to the NT host called:
u_acct1 on com1

I tried to use the following according to another
article:
"lpadmin -p u_acct1 -s acct1\!u_acct1"

printer name=u_acct1
NT host=acct1

It comes back OK.
When I try "lpstat -t",
I get the
error:
"HP LPD unknown printer"

Any help?

Thanks!

Dave Zarnoch

NT printing

Post by setnaff » Sun, 03 Sep 2000 02:26:50

Don't you need to run "lpr" on the NT box running the Print server?

It's been awhile since my Enterprise class...

> Folks,
> I am trying to print to a Windows NT host that has a local
> printer assigned.
> I try to use admintool, but it comes back with
> "add remote printer failed"
> I have added a printer to the NT host called:
> u_acct1 on com1
> I tried to use the following according to another
> article:
> "lpadmin -p u_acct1 -s acct1\!u_acct1"
> printer name=u_acct1
> NT host=acct1
> It comes back OK.
> When I try "lpstat -t",
> I get the
> error:
> "HP LPD unknown printer"
> Any help?
> Thanks!
> Dave Zarnoch

* Sent from Novell Discussion Forums http://novell.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *

NT printing

Post by Dave Zarnoc » Sun, 03 Sep 2000 04:55:48

Hi,

Yes, I have lpr enabled and loaded on the NT box
using the "inetd" daemon.

Dave

> Don't you need to run "lpr" on the NT box running the Print server?

> It's been awhile since my Enterprise class...

> > Folks,
> > I am trying to print to a Windows NT host that has a local
> > printer assigned.
> > I try to use admintool, but it comes back with
> > "add remote printer failed"
> > I have added a printer to the NT host called:
> > u_acct1 on com1
> > I tried to use the following according to another
> > article:
> > "lpadmin -p u_acct1 -s acct1\!u_acct1"
> > printer name=u_acct1
> > NT host=acct1
> > It comes back OK.
> > When I try "lpstat -t",
> > I get the
> > error:
> > "HP LPD unknown printer"
> > Any help?
> > Thanks!
> > Dave Zarnoch

> * Sent from Novell Discussion Forums http://novell.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *

NT printing

Post by Claudio Roch » Sun, 03 Sep 2000 05:45:28

Hi

... have you tried to add TCP/IP printing service for Windows NT?

Claudio